• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BRAKES!!!!BEEN LOOKING ALL OVER

zjdxj

NAXJA Forum User
Ok Sorry but this will be long.....
I replaced my passenger caliper and bled. Everything went as planned. Get in my jeep, peddle goes 3/4 down to floor, very spongy. bled all brakes, not letting fluid go low. same thing, very spongy and almost to floor. Drove with E-brake to Tuffy, only a few blocks. They checked mc and ok'd, said alot of air in system, so had them power bleed. After they bled, it was worse than before, all the way to floor w/no brakes at all, i would have to pump them to do just a little. they said they would check each wheel, and said the caliper i just bought was bad, even though it wasnt leaking and the piston worked. so i just replaced it with another recon, replaced rear drums and adjusted correctly, and same outcome...........was told that the store i was getting them from had a bad batch of calipers................so a friend of mine and i checked stuff over and noticed fluid leaking from in between mc and booster......replaced mc,bled...........same outcome yet again......sprayed soap and water on booster which was not holding vacum.......leaking all over so we replaced the booster....same damn thing. When you push the peddle down it goes to the floor. pump it a couple times it seems to hold pressure. once you let foot off and try again it goes to the floor. i hooked up a hose to the booster blowing air in..comes out i think in cabin area, sounds like. let the brake down 1/4 and will hold air. is the booster supposed to let air out? I'm already out about 400 bucks and way out of patiance. could this be something simple as a cap or small adjustment. this all started from changing a fricken caliper.............no leaks anywhere.................original fluid was pretty dirty......98, 4.0 89k miles, rotors front drums rear

Last edited:
You've got air in there, probably in the master.

The giveaway is that the brakes work when you pump them up. Bench Bleed the master, have an assistant, and be VERY diligent. Don't stop until you're seeing clean fluid coming out of the hose you're bleeding with.

Back