• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need a fuel pump ASAP

Freshmeat

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have one laying around not in use? I don't care if it's noisy as long as it works. If you have one you can ship out soon, please PM me with your price shipped to 70734.

Thanks!
Woodrow

(I know I should probably just get a new one, but I spent $300 on this thing and the rear section of the frame is FUBAR so I'd rather not spend much money just to keep it running.)

I didn't say anything about stealing. You did. I was saying a big toolbox int he hope that it would be able to carry all the required tools. :repair::D

brand new fuel pump at oreilly's is only like $50. i just bought one right before i blew the motor in my cherokee...so that was a waste of money

I don't know. They didn't have ANY metal tank pumps available at the junk yard so I went back home and got to looking at my assembly better... and the pump looks brand new. I grounded the frame of the assembly to the battery terminal and when I hooked the power cable to the positive terminal the pump kinda stumbled, then POOF and a huge puff of dust came shooting out of the fuel line, along with what appeared to be a mud dauber nest. After that, the pump spun right up every time I hit it to the hot terminal. Stuck my hand into the tank to check for rust since I couldn't get it out (again, crumpled rear frame) and the tank seems clean... so this week I'm going to put it all back together and see what I get.

Flush it out with something before you put it in there. Run the pump and poor some beer through it or something :).

Pump seems to be fine- I had it running several minutes the other day without a hitch. Next course of action is replacing the battery cables before I fire it up again- the main ground and hot cables are both corroded to heck, stripped, and laying on top of each other. Oops...

Back