• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heater switch out again

1985xjlaredo

NAXJA Forum User
OK so for like the 4th time in a year my heater switch (blower switch) has stopped working . SO Im thinking of just wiring it up like my fog lights. Anyone see a problem doing this if I use a relay and some 14 gage wire? Besides the fast that it will only be on or off?

You probably need to replace your blower motor. I know you're going to say it's working fine, but when they start going bad they draw more current. That more current may be what's burning up your switches.

Do the blower motor. Better solution long term.

I agree with replacing the blower motor. But if the switch is completely burnt up like my old Jeep's was, pick up a new switch as well.

I have done the blower motor, thats the first thing that I did when it happened.

I have done the blower motor, thats the first thing that I did when it happened.
Was it a new, rebuilt or junkyard ? Personally I'd trust a boneyard one over a rebuilt :D :D :D They don't go that often vs the rebuilders who do it dirt cheap.

new from NAPA so should I use a relay ? I have a 25 amp switch. would that be good with a fuse or should I use the relay to save the switch from all that power

new from NAPA so should I use a relay ? I have a 25 amp switch. would that be good with a fuse or should I use the relay to save the switch from all that power

Relay for sure unless the switch is one of those you XXXX like a circuit breaker. Otherwise the arching will cook the contacts in no time.

Back