• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

electric fan on 98 stays on

Sting25

twitter.com/cmchadwick
My jeep fan stays on for a LONG time maybe hours but only when I have used the heating or cooling system while driving. If I dont turn on heat or A/C it is off.

The electric engine fan will continue for at least an hour or so well below the engine temp to warrent it.

any thoughts?

98 Cherokee with A/C

thanks

Radiator cooling fan or the heat & A/C cabin fan ?

I have a 98 also. My gauge doesn't go over210 but somrtimes radiator fan stays on with key out. NORMAL?

I have heard normal cars where the fan cycles when you turn it off after running. I've never had my 98 do that even though there is a warning on the top of the header that it will. My fan only runs when the compressor goes on, I've never even heard it come on when crawling off road in the summer, guess my cooling system mechanical side works. :D
I would think the relay would be the first suspect.

Yeah its odd, it cycles when the a/c and heater is on and the engine is running, until it reaches some temp then it used to stay on for a bit if it was very hot and turn off. Now it dosnt turn off for a LONG time. I actually disconnected the battery after an hour the other night. I will switch the relay this weekend and see.

Back