• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Official PDX/Vanc Thanksgiving run @ TSF thread

mojojojo

NAXJA Forum User
The last 2 years have had awesome turnouts and even better weather. lets make this the best one yet.

What: Campin, wheelin, etc...

Where: TSF (Tillimook State Forest) Brownscamp is closed Nov 3rd. will be staying at Lyda Camp. There are no bathrooms, water or luxury type stuff there FYI.

When: November 28, 29, 30. Will meet At Lyda 9AM the 28th to set camp. probably do a day run possible night run. Will pull out of Lyda at 10am sharp to hit the trails saturday 29th (for those not camping).

Who: No requirements ! just don't be a doofus ! there may be kids so lets keep it safe and family friendly.

as always, please come prepared. there may be snow, and i assume it will be quite cold. As i said above there are no creature comforts at Lyda ! bring yur own water. nearest bathroom is 5 minutes to horsecamp (which also has no running water). front and rear tow points highly recommended if you want to be rescued from anything. Wood, wood and more wood is a great idea !

pray for snow and we'll see ya there ! :wantyou:

this thread is for confirmation only. post up if your coming and when so we know to keep an eye out for ya. please use the other thread for questions and b.s. :wave1:

Re: Official PDX/Vanc Thanksgiving run thread

LydaCampDirections.jpg

I really could have used that map last time, horse camp was a bitch to find in the dark.

I'll be there hopefully early on Friday.

Oh boy, I will definitely be there. I'll be bringing my buddy in has Tacoma T(u)RD. If things go according to plan, we're gonna come up the evening before Thanksgiving and stash a pickup load of firewood. We probably won't make it by 9am on Friday but by noon we should be up there.
Terribly excited :)

hopefully I can make it up for at least one day. Ive got a bunch of little half projects I'd like to finish on the jeep first.

count me in for saturday for sure. Possibly come up friday and stay the night.

I will be there sometime but will not be camping. Sounds like fun and there better be snow!

I should be in. Boss needs to give me the go ahead for having the days off...but I should get them.

~Scott

im down. OSHA messed up my work schedual, so im not sure on my plans for november but ill be there for some wheelin definately.

Me and my red Jeep are 80% there.
We will see how the cards fall!

When I get there it will me me and my new much better girl friend! (ken, not the crazy one) ha ha

Damn, RV business is just too darn slow this time of year. I'm out. If we can get my buddy's locker fixed we may still come in his Taco. I know its not an xj but i can still come right?

Nope. Banned if not an XJ/MJ. Kiddin man.

Probably there, IF my jeep gets it head out of its wherever. Still won't run. It seems when you do something to it and you wanna go play and test it, somethin else messes up.

Back