• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HO Vs RENIX

kenny811

NAXJA Forum User
In basic terms what is the difference between the two motors? my 94 sport has an HO and my 89 does not. Are the blocks the same? heads? Besides the electronics and sensor locations, is there a big difference?

Thanks
Kenny

my renix feels like got more torque then my friends with the HO's and thats scary considering my exhaust manifold looks like swiss cheese.

my renix feels like got more torque then my friends with the HO's and thats scary considering my exhaust manifold looks like swiss cheese.

thats funny because with my renix lifted with stock gears and 32's i will walk off and leave and stock HO xj - which technically i shouldnt because the HO's 'make' about 20hp more than the renix

what j99xj said x2

In basic terms what is the difference between the two motors? my 94 sport has an HO and my 89 does not. Are the blocks the same? heads? Besides the electronics and sensor locations, is there a big difference?

Thanks
Kenny
Blocks will interchange but heads need some adapting to work. Late HO intake/exhaust can be adapted to work and the TB from a Renix can be made to fit a HO with an adapter.

Back