• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj trans in a mj

even if its the same year? what computers would be on a 93?

You need the TCU to run the transmission, possibly the ECU as well. That goes along with wiring harnesses, sensors, ect.. The 5 spd rig doesnt have an auto trans computer just sitting in the system, waiting to be plugged in. Its really more work than its worth in the end IMO. Search on the forums here, there are a few who have done it.

i was just wondering the same :)

if you're talking about a 93 trans, you'd have to replace the transfercase too (unless its a 91/92 MJ) - 87-90 xj/mj's have a 21 spline output, the 93 has a 23 spline output.

Thats what you think. ;)

Not exactly, thats just what most people think. I can drive/wheel either with equal ability. My first 2 4x4's were manual, my xj is auto (just the deal that I found).

-C

Not exactly, thats just what most people think. I can drive/wheel either with equal ability. My first 2 4x4's were manual, my xj is auto (just the deal that I found).

-C

x2........I still believe an Auto is much more forgiving to your drive train than a manual, but though it is also true that it is not as fun.

I have one of each & prefer my A/T242 over the AX-15. But then I'm an old fart. My kid prefers the stick but even he admits the automatic wheels better. Just another opinion though.

Because an auto wheels 20x better than a manual, and is easier around town. ;)

^^nothing but personal opinion/preference there...

i perfer auto over manual anyday, i'd rather pay more attention to wheelin than the pedals but thats just me, ill have to look into this more, i hope i can just find an auto

well like everyone is saying basically, its just personal preference. not that one is actually better or worse than the other, its just a matter of what you like and what you want... whatever works for you is what is best for ya...

Back