• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP JEEP WON"T START!!!!!!

vortex

NAXJA Forum User
So this morning i came outside and i had a flat tire so i was like w/e and put the spare on. Then i went to the safeway by my house (4 blocks or so away). Went inside, came back out tried to start it and all it did was turn over....put on my spare coil and still just turned over......It turns over faster than normal and there is some valve train "Clicking" like the push rods are dropping.

So today i am gonna check the compression of all the cylinders after school....

Any help would be appreciated seeing as i have no way to school...:hang:

Thanks,

-PJ-

If you qher closer to me, I would be all over it.
My buddys jeep did that kind thing and his bolt on his intake valve striped off and he had no intke valve opening.
Listin for your fuel pump!

came back out tried to start it and all it did was turn over....put on my spare coil and still just turned over......It turns over faster than normal and there is some valve train "Clicking" like the push rods are dropping.

So today i am gonna check the compression of all the cylinders after school....

Any help would be appreciated seeing as i have no way to school...:hang:

Thanks,

-PJ-

Back up a little bit here.
Your Jeep wouldn't start so you expected the coil? You carry a spare coil? Can you explain to me why this was a suspicion of yours?

Now you are going to check your compression? Why? WTF does this have with your Jeep not starting? Unless you put a rod through your block while it was parked at Safeway?

This "clicking" you are talking about, could it be your fuel pump? ignition or is it definetly inside the engine?

Usually when a vehicle "all of a sudden" doesn't start I start by checking for "Fuel" and "spark". If this doesn't make sense to you, call AAA and have it towed to a reputable shop or better yet ride your bike!

Michael

:new:

Back up a little bit here.
Your Jeep wouldn't start so you expected the coil? You carry a spare coil? Can you explain to me why this was a suspicion of yours?

Now you are going to check your compression? Why? WTF does this have with your Jeep not starting?

This "clicking" you are talking about, could it be your fuel pump? ignition or is it definitely inside the engine?

Michael

Coil: was just replaced so i figured i might as well check it seeing as i haven't thrown the old one away yet.
Compression: was playing around in some puddles last night figured i might have sucked some water in.
Clicking: definitely coming from the upper engine area.

smell that? its the smell of a bad Crank position sensor.

I'll bet a dollar!

I thought about that but i just replaced that about 2months ago.:dunno:

-PJ-

What year. Maybe ballast res

First thing you need to do is check for spark. If you dont have that then it is most likely your CPS.

Second is fuel, If you dont have that if could be your fuel ballist resistor. (Located on the driver side of the engine compartment towards the front, its a ceramic block looking thing) Short circuit the two wires and see if that works.

Also if you do have fuel, test the pressure at the rail, if its not above 35psi, your fuel pump is probably bad.

Check those and report back.

One more thing, if you wen through some water, pull your distributor cap and check that there is no water in there and that your getting good contact.

I already checked the distributor because i had that happen to me once before and its all good no water and good contact. I was in a such to make it to school so i didn't have time to check Everything but i will defiantly check all of this stuff this afternoon but is there anything else i should check well in at it?

-PJ-

As said before anything under 35psi and replace it

Back