• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can't Get My Swaybar Reconnected

Jester99

NAXJA Forum User
When I hit the trail a few weeks ago I disconnected(JKS) my sway bar. It's been a few weeks since then and I can not get the damn thing reconnected!!! I have tried over and over to reconnect it and it isn't working. Every time I get one disconnect on the sway bar, the other side will just not lineup in order for me to get the other one on. I've even tried to do both sides at the same time and nothing works. Is it possible I could have bent it while 4 wheeling?

Also: I broke my bump stop in half and it is now jiggling around inside the coil. Is that bad? Should I get that out immediately? Didn't seem like to big of a problem...

This thread is being monitored by black helicopters circling above you......

j/k
I have a hard time too sometimes reconnecting mine. I just have to have somebody push down on the hood in the corner where I'm having a hard time.

This thread is being monitored by black helicopters circling above you......

j/k
I have a hard time too sometimes reconnecting mine. I just have to have somebody push down on the hood in the corner where I'm having a hard time.

It's really all their fault. They came in the middle of the night and tried to sabotage my steering so that I would veer off the road and be killed haha.

I've always had trouble getting mine back on but this time it seems impossible...

Use a breaker bar, or prybar. If you're on level ground it's pretty easy, but if not, put the low side on first, then stick the pry bar between the "framerail" and the swaybar and pry it down to install it, or just have someone press on the hood. I use my 1/2" breakerbar myself.

i had this problem once and it took me a while to figure out why. it turned out that i had broken a leaf spring and one side was sitting lower than the other. check everything and make sure you're not broken anywhere. if you're not, just use a breaker bar and pry it into place.

Why not just adjust the side thats not fitting to the right length and put it back on? Providing you cant get it on, on flat ground where you know everything is pretty square? I had trouble with mine until I got each side the right length, now they slip on/off snug, but not impossibly

I always have to make sure I pull into the spot where I'm going to reconnect with the wheels straight. If they are turned at all, I have a hard time getting it reconnect. My .02

Alright took you guy's advice. I got it reconnected!!! Thanks guys!

Alright took you guy's advice. I got it reconnected!!! Thanks guys!

I had one sacked leaf, I either had to park on a slope and wing it or have someone push on the roof racks to one side to reconnect

Why not just adjust the side thats not fitting to the right length and put it back on? Providing you cant get it on, on flat ground where you know everything is pretty square? I had trouble with mine until I got each side the right length, now they slip on/off snug, but not impossibly
Same here.

yeah if the ground is even a little off level is makes it tough. I usually have somebody push down on the corner to help it line up.

jack the jeep up by just the front axle a bit. that should give you a better chance at reconnecting them rather than pushing on your hood.
Yea, cause it's alot easier to jack your junk up than push down on the hood. :bs:

I usually have to get them lined up and one side connected then get the tire of the side that wont reconnect and creap up a rock till they line up. Kinda redneck but it works.

Parakeet

Back