• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ anti rock kit

Ba-Riedo

has frame envy
Some of you have probably seen this but Currie now offers a XJ/MJ bolt on anti-rock kit. I acquired one the other day and threw it on last night. Driving with it on felt nearly the same as having my sway bars connected, and I look forward to not having to disco my swaybars anymore.

Anyways heres a picture I snapped earlier. The install is fairly easy, drill a hole on each side, slide the nut plate into the frame rail and possibly (depending on your front crossmember) move some metal out of the way. My crossmember was a little bent up and I had to move the bottom lip of it out of the way so that the torsion bar would clear it. I can get a few more pictures tomorrow of how it mounts to the frame, I am glad that it tucks itself so high up into the frame rails. I was a little worried while I was installing that it might hang down a little further.

antirock.jpg

As I said earlier I was impressed by the handling on road, highway speeds as well as cornering, hopefully it will work as well offroad.

-Alex

why does this allow you to not have to disconnect your sway bars anymore?

The main bar is a torsion bar that allows slow articulation. Keeps axles from dropping out fast and stabilizes the vehicle. Unbelievable amount of stability, actually. :thumbup:

hmmm since i just sold my disconnects (poor college student, need money) i think i may look into this for future buying, it would seem to me though that A) around turns it would still roll, just at a slower rate, and that offroad it would B) not flex as good as a fully disco'd sway bar... someone please prove me wrong, i would like to buy these :)

Since your a poor college kid I wouldn't reccomend it, the kit retails for about $480. It drives great around corners, and the flex you lose offroad is minimal.

-Alex

Since your a poor college kid I wouldn't reccomend it, the kit retails for about $480. It drives great around corners, and the flex you lose offroad is minimal.

-Alex

Hey Alex, when you get a chance can you measure the overall length of the bar itself and the length of the splines, including the neck-down? I'm curious to see if it's any different than a TJ one (what's on mine). Would be kinda neat to have the real ends and bushings on mine instead of the generic poly ones I've got.

If you use an aftermarket bumper, just get the kit with the standard length arms and you can weld the bracket/tube directly onto the bumper mounts.

IMG_1017.jpg

I like the Tera-flex kit better since it has a feature to "instantly disconnect/re-connect",just turn the knob!The one oictured is the "dual" rate,they also have "single" rate ones that completely disconnect!
file_26_42.jpg

Last edited:
How are the physics of the anti-rock different the stock sway bar? I mean it looks like it does exactly the same thing. Is it thinner or something to allow more flex?

I like the Tera-flex kit better since it has a feature to "instantly disconnect/re-connect",just turn the knob!

With nearly a $900 MSRP and no XJ "bolt-on" option this one is a bit hard to swallow. At that price I want "on the fly" control. Someday...

edit: Perhaps I should have looked closer initially. The Tera is dual rate, while the currie is a single middle of the road rate? Is that correct.

Yeah the Tera single rate is about $500,plus it disco's where the Currie doesnt.While Tera doesnt have a Direct fit,it an easy fix,did one on an XJ severals years ago.

How are the physics of the anti-rock different the stock sway bar? I mean it looks like it does exactly the same thing. Is it thinner or something to allow more flex?

Its a torsion bar.... Look it up on google/how it works. It twists and allows flexability. Trucks use them too. thats how you can get a couple of inches, tighten your torsion bar...

:peace:
Keil

You are basically correct.These kits are softer and with more travel do to the bar And the much longer arms.Its all about preference!
"Rock Equipment" has also sold these for years!
http://www.rockequipment.com/

Last edited:

It is thinner then a stock swaybar, also is pushed further forward towards the front bumper. This allows there to be more force on the ends of the bar since the ends are longer then on a stock sway bar.

-Alex

Back