• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

crown vic e-brake conversion bracket

crash02

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
i've just swapped in some crown vic disc and didn't want to rig the e-brake with cable, so working at a machine shop i'm figuring to make a conversion bracket to use with the stock (xj) cables with the crown vic e-brake. it will be kept simple and at low cost. once i figure everything out i'm going to start producing them and selling. i will keep all informed. i just wanted to let people know that a solution to the crown vic e-brake problem is on its way.

You dont need to have one made. Cut the old brakets off your old drum backing plates. Now cut the new bracket in the middle. Grind them to match. Now Put a nice hot weld to hold them back together., next grind smooth. Reinstall. Thats how i did mine been good for aboyt a year. Ill post some pics as it is hard to explain

I was pm'ed a question about this and figured I would post up a pic, in reply to the post Above ,it was about 5yrs ago but I don't remember cutting a slot or drilling out the hole of the ford bracket and if I did It wouldn't be difficult , this is closer to a plug and play vs. Cutting,welding, and grinding. I have only made one set(for myself). Depending if any one else wants any I would make them as they're ordered so there would be a delay and i think the price would be around 30-35 shipped.
Here it is installed.
ResizedImage_1315868030544.jpg

I realize this is modified tech section so if the mods wanted to move this to the for sale section or what not I wil understand and will not complain or create a whining post in the members forum. :)

Last edited:
A little more info about the brackets would be helpful. What type of ebrake cables are you using and what year is your rig?

I have a 98 with a 44 axle so im wondering if i could use the cables off my old 35 axle with your bracket.

Sounds promising however.

A little more info about the brackets would be helpful. What type of ebrake cables are you using and what year is your rig?

I have a 98 with a 44 axle so im wondering if i could use the cables off my old 35 axle with your bracket.

Sounds promising however.

Im using stock ebrake cables on my 89 with a d44

I'm in. I've got the Crown Vic brakes ready to go but haven't installed them yet because I'm looking for a e-brake solution. Have a Chrysler 8.25 and as far as I can tell looks like a pretty straightforward swap.

2001 XJ

here is the write up...
1) make sure vehicle is in park with engine off and wheels are chocked.

2) cut springs on ebrake cable to 5" on both cables.
ResizedImage_1316566956768-1.jpg

3) check fitment of xj cable to crown vic ear,drill out to 17/32 if necessary.
ResizedImage_1316566998220-1.jpg

4) install adapter onto crown vic ebrake with cable slot to the back of the jeep.will have to be pushed on and should hear a click when engaged and will not be easily removed.
ResizedImage_1316567021393-1.jpg

5) install cablesand springs thru crown vic ears and thru holes of adapter threading only the cable all the way over the back of the bracket.
ResizedImage_1316567051869-1.jpg

6) then push cable down into the slot and then pull making sure cable end sits in the counter bore.push/guide spring all the way back towards the cable end making sure the srping also sits in its counter bore/pocket.
ResizedImage_1316567068191-1.jpg

7) re-install ebrake cables to ebrake handle and adjust to factory or personal specs.

also due to the design change of the adapter for less flex and better pull, prices are 50.00 shipped within the U.S.
old design is on the left(i have had this adapter on my xj for about 5 years.
ResizedImage_1316567096911-1.jpg

and just for mine and others liability...
by owning and/or installing these ebrake cable adapters you acknowledge that these are not D.O.T. approved and release naxja, myself and, all others from all liabilty of damage and/or injury obtained from the use or installation of these adapters.

its kinda like the warning on the coffee cup(contents in cup may be hot!)
i will replace any defective ebrake adapters only after the damaged/broken adapters are returned.

Just received these and test fitted, perfect fit. Definitely the smoothest solution to the e-brake problem on a brake conversion that I've seen.

Crash02 or anyone else who has done the Crown Vic covnersion, did you flip the passenger side bracket 180*? I realize the that the caliper has to be removed to bleed it, but if it goes on the normal way (one trailing, one leading) then the parking brake cable on the passenger side will be facing the wrong way.

Also, I believe it requires some minor grinding in order to install it flush onto the axle tube, correct?

I have it so that the ebrake hooks face the same way.its kind of a pain to bleed the one caliper but that is the way I(and others) mounted them. As for grinding to sit flush,do you mean. The id of the crown vic bracket? The id of both the crown vic braket and rotor need to be opend up on the id.

Waxer,
I do not have any left, but could try and make a few pairs in the next couple of weeks when I get time.
Price would be 50.00 shipped within the U.S.

Bamawheeler, they work with the stock cables and crown vic brakes.

Thank you to russ25444, they also work for a 95 ford explore 8.8 brakes.

Last edited:
Can't tell from those pics, but if the levers are anything like ZJ/KJ rears, you can buy direct fit cables!
P1080475_zps7nkh9vbp.jpg

Back