• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford 8.8 torque specs

2jeepowner

NAXJA Forum User
Finishing up the last of the ford 8.8 conversion in my xj. Does anyone have torque specs for : the banjo bolt, caliper mounting bolts, diff cover bolts, and flange adapter bolts? Also, will 2 qts of 75-140 synthetic fluid suffice? Any info would be appreciated!

you dont really need to torque them to specifics, banjo bolts, tighten snug, you dont want to go to tight to cause them to break as they are very weak. the rest, get em good an tight, with a normal wrench, not a breaker bar or anything

well I can post them later when I get home and look at my service manual I have if ya want

IF its a posi dont use synthetic oil. Just a quality conv oil and your additive if its a posi. Mine took about 2-2.5qts I believe. But not certain.

Other wise as stated above, just tight. then in about 100-200 miles just recheck everything as you should no matter what anyways..

Back