• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LA Suspension preferences

Rockhound

NAXJA Forum User
about to finish a job with big profits so its time to get the rear done, finally, and bolt on some LAs. what are ya'lls fav's, +/-s. yah i know, fabbing, but i'm a cabinet builder and i'm pretty sure some maple or oak longarms just wouldn't do the job. planning on buying a lincoln mig and a few other toys with my profits too, but i'm saving the fabbing for when i actually have skills. most LA kits are priced relatively equal, but i need your input. i like Clayton's but don't like the idea of welding to my tin frame/ body rails. thanks
Rockhound:anon:

Just about any lon arm kit is going to have you weld to you "tin frame" except for rustys I belive, Claytons is super strong and hard to kill as well as Rcokkrawlers. RE now has one out as well but it all depends on how much you wwant to spend and if yiu need awhole kit or just the arms.

Hey Rockhound,
I am contemplating the same thing myself. I have a welder, I am just not sure if I want to tackle fabbing a LA setup. I was thinking of going with the RE arms and then either getting their brackets or making some. It is just amazing what they are all charging. I know R&D and marketing and all that crap, but I just don't see it. That said I personally like rustys and RE.
Dustin

I like Rusty's. I personally don't like the idea of welding onto sheet metal and expecting it to be strong. I don't know much about Claytons, other than he has been around for awhile so his stuff must work. I have heard mixed things about Rockkrawler, plus the welding thing. I've had Rusty's on mine for about a year and have nothing but good to say for it. IMO...

yah i have never heard anything but great stuff about Clayton's myself and i know it is stout, but i haven't heard anything aged yet. Rusty's has really impressed me with their design. i'm running a 6.5 Rustys kit and the only thing that has let me down is the tracbar which i have a new RE XD in the mail.

LT1XJ, lets get up sometime and ponder ideas.

Rockhound

Beez, the black walnut isn't allowing me to achieve propper castor. gonna mill out some mohagany today, it should do the trick.

I have had Rusty's on for about 3 months and so far I love it...very flexy ...I am also one of the luckey ones who has not had a rusty's part fail in any way over the past 4 years...

Back