• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

vvs wire aftermarket cruise speedy help needed

kennzz05

basic dumbass
installing aftermarket cruise(audiovox unit) and im looking for the v v s wire have read about it being at the pass side firewall im not sure which plug and i guess i dont know how to use the search properly cuz its just frustrating if someone could try and search for me id appreciate it I have a 98 4.0 i suspect its in one of the three plugs i see under the hood ,one is squareish and gray another squareish and black than another rectangleuar and black the rectangle is where i suspect it to be but having probs getting it apart so any advise would be appreceiated other than "should have gotten the factory unit" cuz its out of my price range thank you....ken

Last edited:
installing aftermarket cruise(audiovox unit) and im looking for the vvs wire have read about it being at the pass side firewall im not sure which plug and i guess i dont know how to use the search properly cuz its just frustrating if someone could try and search for me id appreciate it I have a 98 4.0 i suspect its in one of the three i see under the hood one is squareish and gray another squareish and black that another rectangleuar and black the rectangle is where i suspect it to be but having probs getting it apart so any advise other than "should have gotten the factory unit" cuz its out of my price range thank you....ken

That should be VS for Vehicle Speed. It would come from the transmission or transfer case output shaft to the speedo meter.

Post up more information of your XJ especially the year. Someone will be able to help you.

The two square connectors I think you're referring to would be the transmission (solenoids and sensors) and the Neutral Safety Switch (also called the trans range selector switch).

Looking at the 97 and 99 FSMs, there should be a 3-wire connector for the VSS, with violet/orange (+5 volts), brown/yellow(ground), and white/orange(vehicle speed sensor). It's probably down at the sensor itself in the rear of the xfer case.

Back