• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My XJ and the domino theory

xjintx

NAXJA Forum User
OK, I FINALLY found and purchased a new TPS for my 2.5L auto XJ :) Now for the Domino theory.
Falling just like dominos.
I removed the Throttlebody so to make the replacement of the TPS easier. In the process I had to remove the fuel line and return connections. No sweat!
Replaced the TPS and put everything back together and started jeep. The TPS seems to have solved the idle problem and hopefully the power problem, when I get to test drive.
First domino falling... gas lines are leaking :( both appears that the fittings or flanges not tight on the hard lines.
No sweat I have a flange tool and tube cutter. Went to O'Reilly's and bought new fittings.
Get back home... second domino falling... cut off old flange but the bend in the hardlines is to close to the end for my flange tool to fit so I can't flange.
Long post to ask if there is such a thing as a compression fitting for hard gas lines 5/16" ?
If so any Idea where I can buy them. I know it's the weekend but I can hope. I will be traveling Monday up I35 to OK so maybe I can get them in Ft. Worth area?
Thanks AGAIN for any help.

OK, I FINALLY found and purchased a new TPS for my 2.5L auto XJ :) Now for the Domino theory.
Falling just like dominos.
I removed the Throttlebody so to make the replacement of the TPS easier. In the process I had to remove the fuel line and return connections. No sweat!
Replaced the TPS and put everything back together and started jeep. The TPS seems to have solved the idle problem and hopefully the power problem, when I get to test drive.
First domino falling... gas lines are leaking :( both appears that the fittings or flanges not tight on the hard lines.
No sweat I have a flange tool and tube cutter. Went to O'Reilly's and bought new fittings.
Get back home... second domino falling... cut off old flange but the bend in the hardlines is to close to the end for my flange tool to fit so I can't flange.
Long post to ask if there is such a thing as a compression fitting for hard gas lines 5/16" ?
If so any Idea where I can buy them. I know it's the weekend but I can hope. I will be traveling Monday up I35 to OK so maybe I can get them in Ft. Worth area?
Thanks AGAIN for any help.

I have had good luck just using common (brass) plumbing compression fittings (Home Depot/Lowes) with FI fuel lines.

Take a piece of your fuel line with you to check the fit. A little trial & Error fitting should solve your troubles!

Make sure that you use the ones with the brass/copper compression washers inside, not the plastic ones!!

Tall Shadow :gee:

Back