• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fitting rear leaf springs?

dunbad

NAXJA Forum User
Hi,
Ive got more weight in the rear of my xj now and need to fit new rear leaf springs as mine are kinda flat/bending the wrong way. Would anyone be kind enough to tell me how to go about this and is it a difficult job. Ive searched but there is no break down on how to do this. Ive not attempted to do anything like this before so an explanation in real simpleton terms would be of massive assistance
many thanks.
Its a 98 4ltr auto and still only 32kparty1:

Simple, But if you would like written directions Try Rubicon Express site and look at kit install directions that include rear spring.
New replacement springs are available at Quadratech.

If you were local I'd help and even donate some of my old leafs to add to your packs for strength. But oh well, you'd have to drive across that big big lake to get here. Ha.

I have just had mine replaced by my garage (£400 ish) it can be done DIY, there are plenty of write ups on here if you search rear springs. Do not be tempted by the springs on Ebay as the ones I saw were not heavy duty and will be flat again very quickly. I asked for and got heavy duty, think they were Swedish, anyhow they are very strong and it sits at least 3 inches higher than it did, great! Don't know whereabouts you are in the UK but I am in North Wales, can let you have my garages address if you are interested.

any truth behind S-10 Blazer leaf springs giving you 4" of lift on an XJ?
looking for the budget replacement.

Not sure if a bastard pack will give you 4 inches but you can get 2-3 easily. Search and find out:D

Dunbad: you should be able to do them no problem unless you break one of the nuts loose that are welded inside the unibody that the bolts are secured to. just use a lot of pb blaster or the equivalent and soak it real good starting a couple days before you want to do it. depending on the amount of rust you have of course:D

Last edited:
Back