• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Slipped off Jack and Bent Floorboard

AlabamaDan

NAXJA Forum User
I was jacking up my XJ from the side on the frame rail, just in front of the door, when it slipped off the jack and made a huge dent in the floor board. Any suggestions on how to fix it? I was thinking about getting a piece of wood and just starting to hammer on it from inside?

One concern I have is that the little round square piece looks like it broke loose.

I bent up mine a little over the summer at NACFest - I took my hand sledge and tapped it back down and it seems fine.

How big is this "square round" piece?

Get a dolly and a body hammer and work it out!

I have a golf ball size hole in the tunnel of my old trail rig where the DS let go in a catastrophic way! I just beat it back out and siliconed the hole up to keep exhaust fumes out.

If I'm right the little round square piece he's referring to is the big 2 or 3" drain hole plug in the floorboard. Like everyone's saying you should be able to take a small sledge and bang it back out for the most part.

Believe me, a lot of us have had to pound out some pretty gnarly dents out of our floor boards. When your frame rail slides off a rock[or jack] the floor caves in right at that spot. That's why I need rock sliders. It's happened to my rig enough so I need to patch the crack my floor on the passenger side.

The floor is a central part of the unibody! Bending it back into place and calling it good would be very dangerous at high speeds! You probably tweaked the unibody beyond repair. I would start parting it out to keep that death drap off the roads.

:twak: haha just smash it back down and forget it. Or just leave it. Can't hurt either way.

There's this precision tool called a BFH (that's Big Friggin Hammer).

The floor is a central part of the unibody! Bending it back into place and calling it good would be very dangerous at high speeds! You probably tweaked the unibody beyond repair. I would start parting it out to keep that death drap off the roads.

:twak: haha just smash it back down and forget it. Or just leave it. Can't hurt either way.
You almost got me with this one, it's a good thing I finished reading your post before ranting.:cheers:

Back