• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Teraflex long arm kit

BoringDave

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all new guy here.

I have been searching for any good or bad about this Teraflex kit but have found nothing.
http://www.quadratec.com/showcases/teraflex_suspension_products/cherokee/default.php

My plan was to buy this kit an adjustable track bar and ether Bilstein 5150's or 7100's but not sure yet I have to see what I have left over. Then at a later date get some Deaver rear spring packs.

Does this sound like a good start for a DD/duner

Dave

Didnt know that Teraflex had LA kits, BDS also has a good 4 " LA.

I am looking at the same setup DD/Duner/prerunner/ Expedition

I know the Tera is cheaper but its missing alot Trac bar + braket + stiffner + brake lines by the time you get those the price be the same as the full traction & you get only 4" ( not enough travel for me)

Call Full Traction & ask them for the Jeepspeed kit
you can remove the swaybar disconnects & the rear springs I think the price will drop to 1250$

Yeah,the Tera kit is a hybrid and sucks! I dont know how they can advertise it like that,but so does Sky-crapper,go figure!

My whole thought was to use the kit as a base then work from it. I can build new upper arms or buy some at a later date. I am only going to run 31's on the street and 1300's or 1300+ paddles in the sand. I am by no means a jeepspeeder or hard core wheeler. I just use it on the weekends and will be towing a medium sized tent trailer with it. I guess now that I think of it I don't really need Deaver rear springs I don't even know if they would be good to put on a tow rig.

Dave

Didnt know that Teraflex had LA kits, BDS also has a good 4 " LA.

I am looking at the same setup DD/Duner/prerunner/ Expedition

I know the Tera is cheaper but its missing alot Trac bar + braket + stiffner + brake lines by the time you get those the price be the same as the full traction & you get only 4" ( not enough travel for me)

Call Full Traction & ask them for the Jeepspeed kit
you can remove the swaybar disconnects & the rear springs I think the price will drop to 1250$

I just looked at the Full Traction kit and there is alot more to it. But I also think 6"s is a bit much for off the shelf 31" a/t tires. I'm going to kick this around some more before I buy any thing yet. I have the money now and if I don't spend it soon something will come up and it will be gone.

Dave

Go Full Traction! I have not a complaint about my kit. Believe me when I tell you this, you wont be on 31's for long. Once you get the bug its hard to stop. You will be surprised what a Xj on 31's will do, shortly after you'll want 33's and so on.

I just looked at the Full Traction kit and there is alot more to it. But I also think 6"s is a bit much for off the shelf 31" a/t tires. I'm going to kick this around some more before I buy any thing yet. I have the money now and if I don't spend it soon something will come up and it will be gone.

Dave

With 6" of lift & 31s you ll get almost 10" of travel because you wont need to bumpstop & reduce your travel

I have searched on many different forums about this kit and there isn't any info out there. From what i have gathered it is designed for the 4" coils that come with it and can't really use anything larger than that.

Most of the jeep speed prerunner guys do 4 links in the front. So that is either going to put you at the Full Traction or BDS 4 link.

I am only going to run 31's on the street and 1300's or 1300+ paddles in the sand. I am by no means a jeepspeeder or hard core wheeler. I just use it on the weekends and will be towing a medium sized tent trailer with it.
Dave

Then stay with a mild short arm lift kit, using quality components.(IMHO)

Then stay with a mild short arm lift kit, using quality components.(IMHO)

yes - with 31's and 4" of lift you do not even need drop brackets unless in the future you want to go up...

the teraflex is bogus - i guess you could build of the lowers? if you could get them seperatly but what is the point of long arms if you retain stock upper mounting points? plus it is $$$ - you could get the RK longarm and set of coils for that much

For a desert vehicle "fast stuff " long arms are much better absorbing the bumps

Jeepspeed results prove that the short arm design can run with or surpass any of the long arm kits on the market. At least it's not the limiting factor.
That would be important to someone building a budget vehicle.

But if the budget were unlimited........ :)

Jeepspeed results prove that the short arm design can run with or surpass any of the long arm kits on the market. At least it's not the limiting factor.
That would be important to someone building a budget vehicle.

But if the budget were unlimited........ :)
That honestly makes no sense to me.

It means short arm race trucks have no problem keeping up and beating long arm race trucks..... :gee:

Wow sorry for opening such a can of worms. I have done some more research and have decided to piece together a lift so that way I can get new tires now instead of used.

I am going to start with a budget short arm lift I found online. It is a full add a leaf kit kinda like the rough country but made in the US. This way I can get new tires on it before snow fall and have the tire issue out of the way for many years. I will then start upgrading things like the shocks and Install control arm drop brackets, SYE,rear drive line and good set full 4" rear leaf packs.

Thank all for the good input.

Dave

I am going to start with a budget short arm lift I found online. It is a full add a leaf kit kinda like the rough country but made in the US.
Dave
OMG,how much worse can you buy compared to RC !

Wow sorry for opening such a can of worms. I have done some more research and have decided to piece together a lift so that way I can get new tires now instead of used.

I am going to start with a budget short arm lift I found online. It is a full add a leaf kit kinda like the rough country but made in the US. This way I can get new tires on it before snow fall and have the tire issue out of the way for many years. I will then start upgrading things like the shocks and Install control arm drop brackets, SYE,rear drive line and good set full 4" rear leaf packs.

Thank all for the good input.

Dave

in the long run this route will cost you a lot more time and money. just get a good complete 4.5" kit like the RE.

Back