• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

quick H&T driveshaft question.

I know that one of the first things that will be said is SEARCH. I have. I'm just not 100% sure after reading countless threads, therefore, I could really use some input.

I have a 92 4.0l, 5-speed, and I'm going to be swapping out the stock d35 :puke: with a newer 29 spline 8.25:yelclap:. My question is, can I run a stock front driveshaft with my RE hack and tap or am I sol? I've read some saying that you can't run it with a 5-speed, and some say you can't use it with certain axles. Hence my confusion. I plan on running around 6.5" of lift. Maybe a bit less. Thanks in advance.

Oh, and I know that the spicer flange is required as well. No biggie.

Tristan

i think it will be too short. the manual trannys are shorter, and even if you had an auto, 6.5" would be pushing it for the front shaft.

Definately can do it, just not with the driveshaft you have. If you pull a shaft out of a V8 grand cherokee, its a good bit longer and is exactly what you will need to use with a H+T on a manual trans. if you search around there is a list of stock jeep driveshaft lengths floating around here somewhere, that gives you collapsed lengths. The V8 one is the longest. If you cant source one local, I have one I might be convinced to sell :)

Back