• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering linkage removal during lift

aintlifegrand08

NAXJA Forum User
Do I need to do this? My RE instructions say to, but there is no mention of removing it in the yucca man writeup or the other writeups Ive read. Right now I have shocks, swaybar links and trackbar disconnected. Can I do the LCA's and coils w/o removing steering? Also, how whould I position jacks/jackstands under axle to facilitate coil replacement? One jack/stand on each side or one jack in the middle? Thanks a bunch,

Matt

Use either coil spring compressors... you can rent them from your local parts store. Depending on what size coils you are installing you shouldn't need them. You should be able to get them in by putting the stands under your "frame rails" and letting your axle droop all the way down.

Yeah I didn't need to unhook my steering nor did I need coil compressors. That was when I did my RE 3.5". You should be fine, just unbolt the LCAs, shocks, and trac bar.

Put the differential on jackstands(close to ride height) and use two high lifts to lift the body(bumper) and it's alot easier to get underneath and get to everything. This allows for easy manipulation of the differential too. Also measure where the wheel wells sit and you can set everything easier.

I would unhook the drag link and drop it down and zip tie it to the tie rod. Just for ease of working in that area.

Put the differential on jackstands(low position) and use two high lifts to lift the body(bumper) and it's alot easier to get underneath and get to everything. This allows for easy manipulation of the differential too.

I would unhook the drag link and drop it down and zip tie it to the tie rod. Just for ease of working in that area.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Back