• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Floor Mats

cds36

NAXJA Forum User
So I went in to a jeep dealership today to get new floor mats for my 92 looks like they stopped making them for that year believe it or not.

The sales guy suggested I try like a 95 or above year floor mat. But he wasnt sure it was a exact fit.

Question the floor mats from a 93 and above jeep xj should be the same as a 92 no? I dont think they made any drastic changes in the floor that I couldnt order up some floor mats from say a 95 to go into my 92.

Last edited:
Carpets changed in the front in 95s when they changed the front seat mounts. but it looks like the later carpets will work in the 94 & earlier rigs. The later models have that rib at the front of the seat. I know the carpets are different, I have an 87 & a 95 & they are different. If you are talking about removeable mats, all years should fit, probably even 2 & 4 doors are the same.

I think we all want to know. How much did they want for those floor mats!?!?

I'd never do it for ethier of my XJs. But my old Z I was able to come across NOS still wrapped up floor mats for only "$80".

I bought online from a dealer, totowa jeep in NJ, the fronts and backs cost me about $60, I had to get camel though because they stopped making the spice color. The 98's have a hook built into the carpet to keep the mat from sliding under the pedals, not sure about older ones, never looked. I put new mats in the TJ a couple of months ago, I just went to AA and took one of the original ones in and went through their display, found a set that was exactly the same size and outline, they were $19 for all 4. The TJ though is wider than the XJ. I also bought the heavy plastic ones from the same dealer, they were 80 for all 4 slush mats with the jeep logo in that same spice color. I need to silicone them as they cracked in a few spots and now leak. Think I'll do that today now that I reminded myself. :D :D :D

Back