• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Walker Valley November 8th

2xtreme

NAXJA Forum User
We need to get back up to Walker Valley to finish up the by pass on expressway as well as take one last look at all of the drainage and make sure that Expressway is ready for the rainy season.

I am hoping to get crushed rock staged at the top of the trail so that we can bring it down to the bypass (Any trailers I can get for assistance would be really appreciated!! Or any other way of moving crushed rock). I hope to have 1 and I do have a lawn mower trailer that I might also bring if I can make a way to put it on a trailer hitch. We will need people to load and unload the trailers at each end also.

I also hope to double check all of the other work we did in the area and make sure that everything looks safe and stable.

We will likely run the rest of the trail and check it's condition, check drainage still looks good and eliminate any new bypasses.

It could be a relatively full day so plan for it to be wet, cold, and hard work.

Let's meet at the main parking lot at 9:00AM, hitting the trail at 9:30AM.

Michael

I'll make a good effort for this one, I might have a product launch that day.

Where the heck is Walker Valley?

-PJ-

Walker Valley ORV Park.
Just East of Mt. Vernon WA.
Expressway (the name of one of the trails) is the trail that the NAXJA NW Chapter adopted earlier this year.

Michael

Wish that it wasn't so far but I'll see what I can do

Damn...I work Saturdays! If it was Sunday I'd be down though! Good luck with the work though.

~Scott

I'd love to go, im going to call the people around here (pj, seth, tim) and see if they want to car pool up there, its quite a drive for us so i doubt we will want to tae our rigs up there, I just want to make sure if we do take the Malibu we have a way to get to the trail being worked on. Let me know! Thanks :)

Ed

Shovel, rake, tools of that nature. Chainsaws aren't needed for this part.

I doubt the MJ would make it without damage Matt, if it had sliders it would be a different story.

-Alex

Shovel, rake, tools of that nature. Chainsaws aren't needed for this part.

I doubt the MJ would make it without damage Matt, if it had sliders it would be a different story.

-Alex

I am curious what others think? I would have said it could make it with no issues at all. We will be bringing the rock either up from the bottom or from the top (I am trying to get it delivered at the bottom, will know closer to time once it is delivered). Either way I don't think it would be an issue. Keep in mind we could bring it in through Upper Mainline from the bottom.

Shovels (Large Flat bladed for loading and unloading a trailer) as well as rakes. NO CHAINSAWS Please.

Thanks,
Michael

I am curious what others think? I would have said it could make it with no issues at all. We will be bringing the rock either up from the bottom or from the top (I am trying to get it delivered at the bottom, will know closer to time once it is delivered). Either way I don't think it would be an issue. Keep in mind we could bring it in through Upper Mainline from the bottom.

Maybe my memory of the expressway is bad, I have only been to Walker a handful of times now. If you think it is doable then you might be correct, I just do not remember a way that does not involve rocker contact. We brought Muddy Beast through on 31's and a 3 inch lift with no damage.

-Alex

Maybe my memory of the expressway is bad, I have only been to Walker a handful of times now. If you think it is doable then you might be correct, I just do not remember a way that does not involve rocker contact. We brought Muddy Beast through on 31's and a 3 inch lift with no damage.

-Alex

Correction, you guys brought be thru...and I escaped with minor dents. Bent up gas tank, one decent rocker slam, and a bent rear quarter panel. BUT, ALL of it could have been prevented (I believe) if I went slower thru the rockier sections, then I would have only of gotten scratches and not dents.

However I would say I think a stock Comanche could make it if they took it slow and dont mind having to reverse a few more times and go a little slower, and not be affraid to ask for a little help. But that's just me.

~Scott

Back