• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fitting 32s on a stock cherokee

yeah alot of the fender needs to go

Lets not forget desert metal:

IMG_4860.jpg

If you are keeping stock wheels, they will rub at full lock. Offroad you will have little to no up-travel without tearing up your tires and/or fenders. I have 31's on the wife's DD, but it never leaves the road. I have trimmed a good deal off the fenders with stock bumpstops and wouldn't want to go over a curb because the possible tire damage on the fender.

In answer to your question, it can be done...but practically shouldn't. You can buy or build a 2-3" lift for less than $100---especially with jy parts. It's best to do it right the first time rather than fix the problems later.

ok thanks..i think im going to at least the fenders this weekend as my project..and look into a budget lift if i decide im going to do any off roading..right now my xj isnt a DD and i want to put the 32s on there so i can sell the other set of tires

what size bump stops would i need to get??? and does anyone know a good site to order them from?

thanks

Not sure what size you would need... but get some hockey pucks and drill a 3/8th inch hold in the center. they're 1 inch thick, so maybe start with 2 or 3 on each side.

Get a 3/8 inch bolt and bolt those pucks to the hole in the spring mount. Not sure wha the thread count is, but I used the "course" bolt from Home Depot. You should be able to slide the pucks 1 at a time into the spring, and then stack them and bolt them down without removing the springs.

Flex it out to test it, and add or remove pucks as needed.
I drilled a 5/8 or 3/4 inch hole in the top puck to counter-sink the bolt.

It works and is cheap.

God im jealous i love the look of small lift xjs. Hows that rig doing do you still have it or no?

I sold it to a guy on here. Who promptly lifted it 4-5". When will people learn?

For rear bumpstop I took off the factory and traced it's footprint onto some steel laying around. Make 2 plates with the same footprint, and use a place of c-channel or box or whatever you want. Make an I with the plates welded top and bottom. Then use the factory bumpstop to mark your holes. Drill the 4 holes, and use the factory bolts in the top plate to mount it to the factory positon. Then just grab some like sized bolts and nuts to attach the factory rubber bumpstop to the lower plate. Repeat for the other side.

Make the channel or box or whatever the length you want to drop the bumpstop.

Measure by flexing, use the distance from where the factory bumpstop ends to where the axle tube is, then add ~1/2" for the amount the rubber will squish.

For the front, just drill and tap the coil bucket for what ever bolt you want to use. Get ahold of a couple hockey pucks and drill a hole through the center and bolt them into you newly drilled coil buckets.

Or just get extended front bumpstops and replace your stockers with them.

Back