• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shock length...

XbajajeepX

NAXJA Forum User
So I am looking at putting a 2" BB on the daily driver and I was wondering about shocks.... Do you guys think the stock shocks will be fine with only 2" of lift and NO wheeling? This rig is strictly road only, the most flex it will see is a speed bump. What say you?

No.

When I did my RE 2" BB, I had to leave the stock shocks on for awhile. They were almost completely stretched out in the rear, and when crossing speedbumps I could feel them bottom out all the time. I had my JKS Bar-Pin Eliminators up front already so they had a little bit of a reprieve, but I wouldn't count on the shocks being happy with a BB.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

I had new shocks when I did my bb, so it took me about 2 years to use the shocks that came with my R.E. bb. After I started going off road I finally installed them. Of course by then I was buying my Pro-Comp springs.

Its better to get new shocks, but you can make bar pin elliminators or rase the shock mounts and make your old shocks work.

Thanks guys... I think I am just going to run it with the stock springs and see what happens....

Back