• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

map sensor

slowjeep

NAXJA Forum User
I've been having trouble with keeping my XJ running. So today I was playing under the hood and thought I'd disconnect the air line from the throttle body to the map sensor. For some reason it now stays on!!!!!!! I'm taking it to work tommorow since I am only 2-3mi. away. I'll keep posted..............maybe the line is plugged?????............

Got a customer to pull me back home, during lunch I gave it another shot. A while back I had jumped the ballast resistor, last night when before closing the hood I put a small funnel next to the filter box. That funnel was sticking out and when I closed the hood it disconnected the fuel pump wires. I am still having trouble with the map sensor, if I take it off the TB it idles good, if I leave it on when I go into gear it stalls on me. Any suggestions?????

Got a customer to pull me back home, during lunch I gave it another shot. A while back I had jumped the ballast resistor, last night when before closing the hood I put a small funnel next to the filter box. That funnel was sticking out and when I closed the hood it disconnected the fuel pump wires. I am still having trouble with the map sensor, if I take it off the TB it idles good, if I leave it on when I go into gear it stalls on me. Any suggestions?????

when you "take it off" are plugging the vacuum line or leaving it open?

If you could post a more accurate location than "socal", you might be able to get some assistance.

I know Ronbo is down in San Diego County. And I'm in Orange County. Tell us where you are and someone might come over to take a look-see,

Finally fixed it!!!!!!!!!!! Found out that the line inside the tank that connects the fuel pump to the sending unit was not on tight, this made for lower fuel pressure and that noise I mentioned earlier. So now I am on the road again(and off also) really impressed with thew power coming from this xj.

Back