• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

electrical problem

canadianxj

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I have a 1994 Cherokee and when I go to use the wiper,washer,or blinker the radio shuts down,and the wiper,washer,blinker will not work.This only happens when the Cherokee is running.When I have the ignition off everything works fine.
I'm suspecting a bad ground somewhere.When you shut off blinker,wiper,washer switch off the radio comes back on .Anyone else have this problem??Or maybe a wiring diagram to help narrow things down.

Yes I meant when the Jeep was running I would have this problem.When I don't have it running and the ignition in the accessory position it all works fine.Does that make it clear as mud?Sorry about that.

canadianxj said:
Yes I meant when the Jeep was running I would have this problem.When I don't have it running and the ignition in the accessory position it all works fine.Does that make it clear as mud?Sorry about that.

Ok thats sounds more like a bad ignition switch then.
Its located under the dash and is cable operated, easy and cheap to change.

I was thinking that the blinker switch would be shot.Wouldn't everything quit working if it was the ignition switch?Is the ignition switch cheap enough to just buy one and see?

canadianxj said:
I was thinking that the blinker switch would be shot.Wouldn't everything quit working if it was the ignition switch?Is the ignition switch cheap enough to just buy one and see?

About $16.00 in the Us

At night when I turn my Jeep off, my radio stays on until I turn my headlights off. Not right...I know, but it reminds me to turn the lights off.

Back