• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Are these upgraded shafts?

PapaGeno21

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I want to build up my 29 spline 8.25 in the winter.

Right now im having it geared with 4.56 this weekend, so the plans in January are as follows

Powertrax No-Slip
Alloy Shafts
Riddler Diff cover

And I already have ZJ disk brakes on it.

Heres my question, are these upgraded alloy shafts?

http://www.discountjeepparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/2880_76_1165/products_id/26001

The yukon ones are like 118 a piece so im curious on those...

Thanks!

Last edited:
No, those are not alloy! No there are no chromoly shafts made for the 8.25. They do make a high grad alloy shaft for the 8.25, much better than stock but not as good as chromoly. Yukon are very nice shafts, I run Superior and love them!

They are 1541H, not 4340. So they are alloy, the same metal that yukon alloy shafts are made of, and AFAIK they are the strongest axles made for the 29spl 8.25. You don't want 4340 shafts for a semi float rear, they're too brittle.

Ok I am going to just go with the Yukons then.

That RingPinion place, has them for the same price as Jason.

But im going through Jason because im getting some other stuff also.

They are 1541H, not 4340. So they are alloy, the same metal that yukon alloy shafts are made of, and AFAIK they are the strongest axles made for the 29spl 8.25. You don't want 4340 shafts for a semi float rear, they're too brittle.

No, they aren't "too brittle" .. they are -more brittle- .. but not so much that it matters.

Look at the 'big boys' and the movement is towards 4130 semi float, 33 and 35 spline.

What you don't find, for some reason, is chromo c-clip shafts.

Alloy-USA > Superior > Yukon

Don't forget about our new sponsor Nitro Gear and Axle, they may have good 8.25 shafts too, and possibly at a better price. Watch for their banner ad.

i have heard the yukon's aren't that great...:dunno:

Alloy USAs are straight bullletproof if they are the chromoly ones. (d30 tech, not 8.25 but im sure its the same). Anyway, there is a reason the yukons are cheaper. What is there warranty? I was under the impression it was 2 year??? Alloy USA's are a 10 year no questions asked warranty.:yelclap:

I have the Yukon shafts and have beat on them for 2 years now with no issues. That was on 30's, 31's and 32's and 4.10's. I'm going to 35's and 4.88's now so we'll see how tough they really are!

Alright well I guess I should spend the extra 70 bones and get the Alloy USA kit.

Not a problem, as im not getting them until after x-mas.

Thanks for the help guys!

Back