• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Upper axle bushing replacement ?

homebrew

NAXJA Forum User
I went wheeling yesterday and completely destroyed both of the bushings where the UCA's mount to the axle. I need some help finding the right part number, and a quick how to on how to replace them. TIA

I am in the same boat needing a good, easy way to get the bushing on the axle and the control arm bushings out and replaced. I got the axle down and control arms off.

They are the same bushing as the ones in the body end of the stock ucas. Every manufacturer & even some distributors will have a different part# for them. Quadratec gets $6.99 ea for the Crown Automtive version. Just ask for upper control arm bushings, don't confuse the parts guy by telling him you need the ones for the axle housing. There is a recent thread on how to R&R these bushings, do an advanced search. It was this weekend so it should be simple to find.

Last edited:
Very easy task to do. Just use a balljoint press, some PB and a hammer to break things loose while you're pressing them out.

I was able to tap the passenger side back in with a hammer after greasing the sleeve. Best thing to press against is a piece of flat metal so you are going in evenly.

Back