• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

top hat write up?

Hey Y'all
looking for some write ups on fabing up a top hat for my xj and maybe some prebuilt top hats anything would help...

-PJ-

Top Hat is a product by Olympic. best bet is to check it out and try and build something similar. The best thing ive seen so far is the internal-exo hybrid cage that a few people seem to have now.

it actually helps ask they people who have/had them

What kind of tub are they using, HREW, DOM, 1.5 inch? They look like they would bend the first time you leaned up against a tree,

Your joking right? The top hat is probably the best way to protect your jeep wheeling around here, apart from rock sliders. They help alot in off-camber situations and allow you to use the roof as a pivot point.

-Alex

Not really, I'm sure there better than nothing, but from the picture they don't look all that tough. Then again, I built most of my rig out of 2 inch DOM for a reason; I'm a little hard on my equipment.

it actually helps ask they people who have/had them
They are great for what they are! :) I love mine now that it is on. A bitch to install and not the best powder coat but it looks good and protects.

newstuff.jpg

I know some one has pics of me almost on my side. Love them and use them hard. Its nice to think that I can lean into a tree and use it to pivot around

What kind of tub are they using, HREW, DOM, 1.5 inch? They look like they would bend the first time you leaned up against a tree,

Not really, I'm sure there better than nothing, but from the picture they don't look all that tough. Then again, I built most of my rig out of 2 inch DOM for a reason; I'm a little hard on my equipment.

You obviously haven't wheeled with many of "us"...I'd say 3 out of every 4 rigs I've gone out with has a tophat or a halo/exo caged roof. Every rig I've seen with them uses them too.

~Scott

It’s been awhile, the last Naxja run I went on was last winter. I was thinking about organizing a Naxja Reiter run though once I get my rig fixed.

That reminds me Mat, the copy of Crawl that was passed out at TTCW had an write-up of that snow run I went on last year. I constantly got asked if I was stuck after people saw the picture of me on the second page of the article. I’m going to get you back for that. :)

Ya at Evans. Not sure of his name. Set it on its side pretty hard. Mine was gentle to a tree

It wan't Gi John. Some one from PNW

I knew it was 197 but couldn't thin of his name and I camped with him at the M&G

Back