• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oily distibutor

hombremosqa

NAXJA Forum User
ok, so im in vegas this weekend, and i make it down from salt lake without ANY problems. day before yesterday, i got here and i pulled into a pharmacy parking lot and i started having a really rough idle. my xj shutt off.

i have a friend here in vegas who is a great mechanic, and we took a look at it, and found the throttle body was dirty. we cleaned it and tried to start it up but lost spark. turns out after a bit that when we took off the distibutor cap, there is a significant amount of oil in there.

my question is whether an engine breathing problem would cause this to occur. i have NO PCV valve.

i checked the search, but it returned no results. any help is GREATLY appreciated. im pretty much stuck here till i get this fixed, but i want to know what causing this. thanks !

yes, the best thing will be to remove the Valve cover and clean it, pull apart the vent towers and clean those out. Next replace all the vacuum lines and clean the orifices at both vent ports on the VC. I would also try a little bit of seafoam in the VC before your next oil change.

Back