• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ixnay's Evans Oktoberfest...

IXNAYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
What: One last pre-snow Evans Creek trip. Running lots of trails. 311a/b to 197 to 198 to 519 to 520 to 197. Or something. All day event, either way with an emphasis on speed and completing lots of trails.

Who: Maximum 10 vehicles. Anyone who meets these requirements: Minimum one locked axle...unless you're Michael. At least 31" M/T tires with decent tread. Tow points front and rear. Real recovery strap. Have some trail experience. Some exceptions can be made...PM me if you want to go but don't meet these requirements. Mirror Pond is an appropriate bribe.

Where: Evans Creek ORV park.

When: Last weekend in October, the 28th and/or 29th.

Why: 'Cause it'll be fun. I promise.

So that's the broad outline. Depending on the size and make-up of the people who want to attend, it'll go one of two ways.

The first way is one big group, running hard and fast on the trails I mentioned.

Another way, if there's sufficient interest, is two smaller groups based on vehicle capability and wheeling experience. One group running hard, fast and dirty, while the other tackles mostly the same trails, but at a slightly more relaxed (and less damage inducing) pace.

Alright...who's interested? Questions, comments, concerns, queries? Which day works best for y'all? Who wants to go up the night before and hang out? Discuss.

-----Matt-----

DSC01419.jpg

I am in for at least 1 day. Not sure about an overnight or two days, I can confirm as it gets closer and I know who is doing what.

Mic"whoneedsstinkinglockersanyway"hael

T&A-XJ said:
In on the fast/difficult trails and Mirror Pond. Maybe I'll have a traction bar done by then...
Yeah, it'd be cool if you didn't snap a drive shaft every time you get on the gas. :D I'll be great to wheel with you again.
2xtreme said:
I am in for at least 1 day. Not sure about an overnight or two days, I can confirm as it gets closer and I know who is doing what.

I think it will just be a one day event, one of the two days. I'll probably camp up the night before. Anyone's welcome to join me.

Which day would work better for you in thoery, or does it matter at this point? I like the idea of camping Sat. night and wheeling all day Sunday.

-----Matt-----

Last edited:
Avanteone said:
Count me in for 1 day, POSSIBLY camping the night before. My pace will depend on how carried away I get the night before. :cheers:

J
As long as I get to watch you almost put your rig in a ditch after tossing it sideways trying to do a Swedish Flick. :D We'd love to have you.

Maybe we can re-run the Evan Creek Grand Prix.

-----Matt-----

I don't make a huge difference which day for me to be there. If I had a preferance at the moment it would be camping Sat night, Wheeling all day Sunday.

Michael

2xtreme said:
I don't make a huge difference which day for me to be there. If I had a preferance at the moment it would be camping Sat night, Wheeling all day Sunday.

Michael
Cool. It works the best for me, too. That's what is shaping up to be the plan. We've got a while before the event, but nailing down the dates will make it easier for people to plan their schedules...like people who live in Blaine or Portland, for instance. ;)

C'mon Oregon guys! It's not THAT far! 2.5 hours from PDX...most people from WA drove longer to get to NWFest...step up!

-----Matt-----

WTF Matt, we have to bribe you to go with you if reguirments aren't made?

Don't be prejudice against the "un-locked".

I'd be interested. I've never been to evens, but all the pics have anxious to try it out. Just have to see if I can get the jeep out of its current state of disrepair by then

Put me down, if that is cool with everyone.

PS Michael already has a locker.

Back