• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colin Powell endorses Obama

IndyXJ

Member #1314
Colin Powell just endorsed Obama.

I'm voting 3rd party, so this isn't a pro Obama post.

This does present a paradox to those that only vote on military experience. I respect Colin Powell, but I don't think it will sway anyone.

Ya, he was on Meet the Press this morning saying "why"

Colin Powell just endorsed Obama.

I'm voting 3rd party, so this isn't a pro Obama post.

This does present a paradox to those that only vote on military experience. I respect Colin Powell, but I don't think it will sway anyone.

You beat me to the post!

Did anyone other than me notice the 30 some odd retired generals, admirals, (White, black, male and female) et. al. from all the armed services that were introduced at the Democratic National convention that came on stage as a group and all announced that they supported Obama?

I was somewhat shocked myself. I counted about 30 of them.

IIRC it was the first or second night of the convention, and it was on TV.

More on Colin Powell:

http://enews.earthlink.net/channel/news/print?guid=20081019/48fab0c0_3426_13350200810191006526060

Um....because he's a retired 4 star General and would probably be better suited for SecDef than Sec of State...?

Just a thought.....

You beat me to the post!

Did anyone other than me notice the 30 some odd retired generals, admirals, (White, black, male and female) et. al. from all the armed services that were introduced at the Democratic National convention that came on stage as a group and all announced that they supported Obama?

I was somewhat shocked myself. I counted about 30 of them.

IIRC it was the first or second night of the convention, and it was on TV.

More on Colin Powell:

http://enews.earthlink.net/channel/news/print?guid=20081019/48fab0c0_3426_13350200810191006526060

Wow a whole 30? Out of all of the hundreds or maybe thousands who are out there...?

They are the outcasts. I'd venture to guess that 90%+ of the military sides with Republicans....

Wow a whole 30? Out of all of the hundreds or maybe thousands who are out there...?

They are the outcasts. I'd venture to guess that 90%+ of the military sides with Republicans....
except for blacks. According to a survey done by Military Times, some 78% or so back Obama, compared to like 20% of other races. If you want a source, google Military Times and check their site. I read it in the Marine Times paper.

Um....because he's a retired 4 star General and would probably be better suited for SecDef than Sec of State...?

Just a thought.....

You are kidding right? Secretary of State vs Secretary of Defense? That is not an advance.

Powell is one of the reasons we didn't finish the war in Iraq the fist time we were there. Cause he is a political pussy.

Check out what RUSH had to say, talking about hitting the head on the nail. I say it's ALL about race

Rush Limbaugh said Colin Powell's decision to get behind Barack Obama appeared to be very much tied to Obama's status as the first African-American with a chance to become president.

"Secretary Powell says his endorsement is not about race," Limbaugh wrote in an e-mail. "OK, fine. I am now researching his past endorsements to see if I can find all the inexperienced, very liberal, white candidates he has endorsed. I'll let you know what I come up with."

As for Powell's statement of concern this morning about the sort of Supreme Court justices a President McCain might appoint, Limbaugh wrote: "I was also unaware of his dislike for John Roberts, Clarence Thomas, Samuel Alito, Anthony Kennedy and Antonin Scalia. I guess he also regrets Reagan and Bush making him a four-star [general] and secretary of state and appointing his son to head the FCC. Yes, let's hear it for transformational figures."

Back