• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

airbrush . . . . anyone ?

mojojojo

NAXJA Forum User
i've got a pretty cool Mojojojo stencel for the hood of the jeep. anyone airbrush or know anyone who does airbrush painting ?

I'm also at a dead end searching for some sort of mojo print for a headliner. i've called fabric stores and can't even get anything special ordered. anyone have anything with mojo on it? beadspread ? towel ? etc...

:dunno:

Get ahold of Little Timmy (spinniker) or PJ (Vortex) their father has an air brush business, well he did before the flood, they were hit hard I don't know if he has everything still. But he was good. He was going to do real flame on my tbird and he did this killer job on his truck. Made it look like steel plate and had a skeleton arm holding a piston busted though it. Looked really good. He also does vinyl decals if someone wants something custom. That is IF he's still able to and his equipment didn't wash away :/Ed

If you have stencils you don't usually need an airbrush.
You could probably use either a aerosol, paint gun, hobby paint gun, or alternative?

Michael

If you have stencils you don't usually need an airbrush.
You could probably use either a aerosol, paint gun, hobby paint gun, or alternative?

Michael

its kind of a home made stencil. my plan is to trace it on using the overhead projector from work to get the size bigger. then paint it using ? ? ? was thinking air brush would be cool. but hmmm.....i like the hobby paint gun idea too.

thanks for the suggestions Michael

i have an airbrush, though i would not be able to produce the quality you are looking for. i use it for model trucks.

Rod, What are you painting on the front?
Is this just a standard type font that you want to paint on the front?

Most stencils don't leave good paint edges on there own if you are looking for a nice finish. Really you need to mask or put the stencils on a sticker so you can get a better finish. Then paint the letters, remove the stencile or masking. Let it dry and then use a striper or small brush to pin stripe the edges for a much better finish (either same or different color depending what you are going for).

Now if you are trying to add affects, texture, etc then you need an airbrush, but if you are just going for the letters then you could even do it all with a brush or standard paint sprayer. You can get re-useable aerosols at the auto paint store so you can mix what ever type of auto paint you want with useing a compressor.

Michael

Rod, What are you painting on the front?
Is this just a standard type font that you want to paint on the front?

Michael

it is kind of like my avatar pic. not super worried about quality. but deffinately want it to look decent when its doen and not peel or flake. i am seriously considering letting my daughter paint it for me then just clear coat the crap out of it. (she actually has some pretty decent tallent in that department)

it is kind of like my avatar pic. not super worried about quality. but deffinately want it to look decent when its doen and not peel or flake. i am seriously considering letting my daughter paint it for me then just clear coat the crap out of it. (she actually has some pretty decent tallent in that department)

It's up to you. If it were me, I would probably free hand it (use a color pen first for the basic outlines). masking it would probably be significantly more time consuming. Then pin stripe all the edges and it should look really clean. I wouldn't clear coat it, but no reason you couldn't but the type of paint you use might be more critical (check with more experienced auto painters than me!!).

I look forward to seeing it.

Michael

decided to just brush it on....

here is a lil teaser pic.
100_1270.jpg

still got along way to go. alot of touching up to do and another coat in some places.

also got a few more goodies today.....
100_1265.jpg

muah ah ah ah ahhhhhhh.......gotta love stickers. :loveu:

nice.
I love stickers. :)

~Scott

I like all of those stickers but one. :)

~Scott

Back