• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Broke my Power Steering Remote Reservoir

I replaced the Power Steering Pump today because I got tired of listening to it sing when we go off road.
Our Cherokee; 1996, 2.5 liter, 4 cylinder with factory REMOTE RESERVOIR for the P.S. fluid.

I cracked the base of the plastic reservoir where the hoses attach at the base while I was installing a P.S. cooler.
Here are my questions, I need your help. Thanks, Mike
1) Is there a source for a new replacement?
2) Are there any other reservoirs that will interchange besides the ones out of 4 cyl. Cherokees?
3) Is there a way to patch the break? J.B.Weld, epoxy, bubble gum?

I used mighty puddy to fill crack in my PS resovior. Have to drain it clean it very well and sand the surface to give the stuff some bite. I did this about six months ago and no leaks yet.

I ended up getting one out of a Mitsu. Montero at the "Pull your part" junk yard. It doesn't match the original but the hose sizes are the same and it mounts using it's own bracket. Lots of foreign cars have remote reservoirs that would work fine for a lot less than the $50+ for a factory replacement.

Mike

Back