• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fox Racing vs Bilstein 5150

the emulsion 2.0 piggyback. but the piggyback is like $180 bucks and the 5150 is 100. the remote resi 2.0 is like 130-150 and the regular emulsion is 100.

I always thought the 2.0's were more like a bilstien 7100 or better?

I mean, they are intended to be coilovers .. right?

I went from 5150's to fox 2.0 res. There is no comparison. The Fox shocks are hands down amazingly better and worth every penny.

I went from 5150's to fox 2.0 res. There is no comparison. The Fox shocks are hands down amazingly better and worth every penny.

Yes, but you're comparing oranges to grapefruits. :)

7100's seem to be pretty on par with 2.0's.

Yes, but you're comparing oranges to grapefruits. :)

7100's seem to be pretty on par with 2.0's.

Just stating an opinion if he is thinking of the 2.0, and yes they are more comparable to a 7100.

I've run Bilstein 5150's, 7100's, and now Fox 2.0 smooth body reservoirs...

the 7100's are on par with the 2.0's...

They cost a bit more, but its worth it...

i run fox 2.0's, very happy with them.
foxes = fully rebuildable
5150 = possibly rebuildable, not everyone can.
7100+ = full rebuildable.

ok...

does anyone else know by chance the lowest price i can find? someone said the regular emulsion is like 100 (prob not right), but the lowest i can find is the emulsion 2.0, not sure if that was the same as the emulsion, for $150...

fox recently bumped their prices unfortunately.

2.0 refers to the shock diameter, fox doesnt make anything smaller then 2.0 for automotive use.
d http://www.offroad-engineering.com agrees with the price of the 2.0 emulsion, before shipping, they valved my 2.0' RR's, ask for michael

OR
http://www.kartek.com/ ive also dealth with these guys. their website doesnt list prices, but you can give em a call too if youd like,

i think both are out of state for you, so no sales tax!
do you have your sizes measured yet?
4.5" lift?

fox recently bumped their prices unfortunately.

2.0 refers to the shock diameter, fox doesnt make anything smaller then 2.0 for automotive use.
d http://www.offroad-engineering.com agrees with the price of the 2.0 emulsion, before shipping, they valved my 2.0' RR's, ask for michael

OR
http://www.kartek.com/ ive also dealth with these guys. their website doesnt list prices, but you can give em a call too if youd like,

i think both are out of state for you, so no sales tax!
do you have your sizes measured yet?
4.5" lift?

I appreciate the help man. Right now the rear is at a solid 5", front probably 5.5? I dont know my measurements for sure, but untill i can measure them when all is done it should be about 7" for this threads sake...

Yeah it doesnt surprise me their prices are up, lots of people have started wearing "Fox Racing" cloths and stuff, kind of funny since 95% of them don't know what fox is. At least this way if i wear their stuff i wont be a poser :D

Anyway, would it even help to run such expensive shocks in the rear? I'm thinking it would, but would it be a good idea to run the 2.0 emulsion Resi up front and regular 2.0s in the rear? What does the resivior do anyway? I mean in terms of functionality/performance...

The remote resi ones look good, i have heard good about the 2.0 but what performance gains are to be had from running the remote reservoir type up front?

'fox racing' is two companies owned by two brothers, one is motocross and other apparel for 'active lifestyles'....
then theirs 'fox racing shox' who make shock absorbers for offroad applications and mountain bikes.

an emulsion shock is one where the nitrogen is in direct contact with the oil.
a remote reservoir has an IFP (internal floating piston), basically theres a floating piston dividing them, so anything that has a remote reservoir, IS NOT an emulsion shock

Back