• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody run this?

Well, I've been searching for lifts lately, lookin for around 6" of lift, and hoping not to send too much. I came across this kit on another thread and I was wondering if anybody is running it and looking for opinions. I'm also wondering why only one control arm ties into an upper mount?

Here's the link: http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merc...=IROR&Product_Code=IR-X_6LK&Category_Code=XLK

I can get this kit shipped to my door for a sliver under $2000.

Thanks in advance for the input.

I don't have any experience with that kit, but other Iron Rock products. I have their UCAs and their tie rod. Both are really nice products. Also, I read that the WJ people like their long arm kits.

Search around. That kit is shady at best.

I would look at other systems such as TnT, RE, Clayton and Rockcrawler.

I'm not trying to contradict you be any means but why is the kit shady? I would love to be able to go out and and get a kit from any one of the manufacturers that you mentioned but due to a lack of funding, i just can't afford it. Would there possibly be any alterations I could make to the kit that would make it better? I have friends that do fab/machine work for a living and while I can't get them to build a whole kit for me I can get help with minor modifications.

I haven't used this exact product, but I do run a 6.5 inch short arm kit from them. I've been completely satisfied with their stuff, and their nice people to deal with.

I'm not trying to contradict you be any means but why is the kit shady? I would love to be able to go out and and get a kit from any one of the manufacturers that you mentioned but due to a lack of funding, i just can't afford it. Would there possibly be any alterations I could make to the kit that would make it better? I have friends that do fab/machine work for a living and while I can't get them to build a whole kit for me I can get help with minor modifications.

1. How do you adjust pinion angle and caster? The arms are not adjustable unless you pay a bit more.

2. Those long arms attatch with three bolts on each side which are taped into the unibody. Im sorry, but that is a horrible idea for something that sees as much stress as a front suspension.

3. Those shocks Im sure are horrible

4. That track bar looks a bit week

5. No skidplate. TnT and RE have a integrated skid plate that protects the tranny and Tcase.

You mention a $2000 limit. You can get the TnT long arm upgrade for less then $800. You can piece together a whole lift kit with $1200 to get you a lot better system then the Iron Rock "kit."

1. How do you adjust pinion angle and caster? The arms are not adjustable unless you pay a bit more.

2. Those long arms attatch with three bolts on each side which are taped into the unibody. Im sorry, but that is a horrible idea for something that sees as much stress as a front suspension.

3. Those shocks Im sure are horrible

4. That track bar looks a bit week

5. No skidplate. TnT and RE have a integrated skid plate that protects the tranny and Tcase.

You mention a $2000 limit. You can get the TnT long arm upgrade for less then $800. You can piece together a whole lift kit with $1200 to get you a lot better system then the Iron Rock "kit."

you forgot about the massive loss of ground clearance with the iron rock kit

BudgetXJ-save up your money and buy a quality kit from RE, TNT or CLAYTON, do it right the first time

I recommend the Full Traction 6" LA kit to anyone. I love mine so far. Straight forward install and a ride that's smooth as glass.

some ppl dont like the Full Traction kits cause of the lose of ground clerance. BUT! if you street the jeep and want to be able to fly down the high way and not have to worry about suspension quirks throwing you all over the road Full Traction is the way to go. Loved the FT long arms on my wranger and the Cherokee will be seeing them in the near future

(not saying the the other kits have bad handeling traits i dont know i havent had any experience with them)

some ppl dont like the Full Traction kits cause of the lose of ground clerance. BUT! if you street the jeep and want to be able to fly down the high way and not have to worry about suspension quirks throwing you all over the road Full Traction is the way to go. Loved the FT long arms on my wranger and the Cherokee will be seeing them in the near future

(not saying the the other kits have bad handeling traits i dont know i havent had any experience with them)

there are zero handling quirks in a radius arm suspension.

sure when your suspension compresses your caster might change a degree (if that), but you are also going fairly straight at 60+ mph. that one degree change you will not notice

I run a 4" lift with the Iron Rock track bar and mount and long arm upgrade. ZERO problems and I wheel it pretty hard. Plenty of caster adjustment. The arms hang low but you cannot hurt them dragging them over rocks. No belly pan to remove for service. WORKS FLAWLESSLY! don't buy it it's crap

I run a 4" lift with the Iron Rock track bar and mount and long arm upgrade. ZERO problems and I wheel it pretty hard. Plenty of caster adjustment. The arms hang low but you cannot hurt them dragging them over rocks. No belly pan to remove for service. WORKS FLAWLESSLY! don't buy it it's crap

How do you adjust caster? How do you think having 3 bolts per side is a good idea for mounting suspension?

Run what you like just don't bash what you don'k know anything about. If you were near by I could take you out for a run. And actually, it's three bolts on one side and only two on the other for the arms. There is a clever adjustment cam on the end of the Y side on top of the axle for caster. I have heard nothing but bad about Rockcrawler for the terrible customer service from a wheeling buddy, but I heard they have new management. I looked at that kit then bought this one. The more you spend the more you get, I didn't have 2 gz to build mine.

The iron rock kit may work well but when you order the RE longarm kit it is totally complete. It has a awesome trackbar, a good skid , trackbar brace, and all quality bushing and ends. It may seem like a lot more now but its worth it in the end. If you want to sell the lift later its worth more to someone
http://jeepinoutfitters.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=388

if this is true, forget ground clearance! my rock sliders have 3-4 times the ammount of self tappers, and i wouldnt trust that to hold suspension components!

Back