• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moab Final damage report

XJourney

NAXJA Forum User
So now that most people have had a chance to look over their rigs, what did you break??

1 U-joint
1 Blown shock
1 torn shock mount
1 severely torn break line. I think I torn it on Cliffhanger :scared:
1 tail light
1 tweaked unibody
1 header exhaust leak

And a funny smell in the jeep. :dunno: Smells like Jerky, 2 Hot case BBQ burritos, Campfire, and a$$

Not bad considering I could have spent the week web wheeling and could have broke my mouse instead. :looser:

I already listed mine somewhere, but haven't looked at the Jeep too much since I got home. Its still sitting on the trailer.

2 rear u-joints
1 rear pinion yoke
1 pair pinion u-bolts
1 driver side engine mount ripped apart.
2 different sets of leaf springs going in the scrap bin.
1 fan belt

Lots of scraped up paint, but no new dents.

I already listed mine somewhere, but haven't looked at the Jeep too much since I got home. Its still sitting on the trailer.

2 rear u-joints
1 rear pinion yoke
1 pair pinion u-bolts
1 driver side engine mount ripped apart.
2 different sets of leaf springs going in the scrap bin.
1 fan belt

Lots of scraped up paint, but no new dents.

Damn, Jeremy, when you break stuff, you really break stuff. Well played sir. The pictures Matt took of your Jeep in action are simply awesome.

My Jeep is off the trailer but has not be unloaded or cleaned up yet (hope to get to that today). At the moment the only "new" issues I am aware of are:
1. Small leak of tranny fluid (probably from TC since that is what I recently had apart, but I only noticed it on the last day and my skids protect it very well, needs more detail look.
2. I lost 1 of my uni bearing/hub bolts, I picked it up on the road and will put it back in (don't have a clue how this came loose?).
3. Extra tire wear from Slickrock.

However, my DW seems to be better? How does that happen? I do have a few maintenance items that I needed to do prior to the event that just didn't happen (Ball joints, uni-bearings) and I will most likely get to those shortly and see if I can cure the whole wobble issue completely.

Once it is clean and in the garage I will give a more complete report.
Michael

The Jeep is not washed, vacuumed and in the garage. There are NO signs of any transmission fluid at all (so I will have to put a few miles on it to see if I can find a leak anywhere). There are no signs of any other issues with the uni-bearing/hub where the bolt came out so it will go back in and get checked frequently for a while. There are a couple of new scratches on my belly skids, and a couple of my rock sliders, but other than that it all looks good.

Michael

Back