• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock radio help?

xj_dummy

NAXJA Forum User
At the wrecking yard I found a stock cassette digital radio. Luckily on the back of the radio it has a wiring diagram and I'm pretty good hooking up stereo system, but this one has me stumped.
Why a cassette instead of a CD player? I have XM radio and I use that more than Cd's and I need a radio for it to play through. Plus it says JEEP Dolby System on it.
beerchug.gif

Any way here is my problem, on the radio diagram it shows a wire for the panel dimmer that hooks with the rest of the dashboard lites and a LCD dimmer wire?
I hooked up the Panel dimmer wire with the LCD dimmer wire together since I didn't know where that LCD wire went and everything was fine. Until I noticed that when I had my key on and the radio on and no lites on that my parking lites were on as well. Shut off the radio and the parking lites shut off too. So I cut the LCD wire and the radio doesn't work now.

So where does the LCD wire hook to?

I just want to make sure I understand everything prior to giving you my opinion.

1. Hooked radio up.
2. Parking lights would shut of when radio shut off. (But everythin worked on the radio)
3. Unhooked LCD wire. Now lights work but no radio.

If I have the steps above listed correctly, I would just hook the LCD wire to the ACC wire that turns the radio on and off with the ignition switch.

Back