• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For those with Superior Axle Tube Seals

lapisxj

NAXJA Forum User
Do they make replacement seals for these? I've torn the outter seal and need to replace without buying a whole new set.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/52420_900.htm
p24057.jpg

You would think that they do because they have that snap ring on them. I would try calling them or maybe talking to just differentials.

The Alloy USA ones have replaceable seals. So I imagine the Superior ones do too.

how big of a difference do these make in terms of water getting in? i've heard they're sweet if you keep them lubed and don't do crap if they're dry.

i'm with bigdundy that they do because of the snap ring...

The Alloy USA ones have the snap ring. The Superior ones don't. The seal was removeable though and it would seem that a new seal would fit in it's place.

I have e-mailed Superior to see if they have an answer.

My Alloy USA ones don't have a snap ring. And I don't see a snap ring in the picture of the Superior one. :dunno:

my alloy USA do not have a ring either... as far as replaceable u mean the palstic/ribbed rubber that goes inside the tube? or the seal that hold the grease...

maybe they don't have a snap ring. it's hard to tell from the pic. either way, i'm interested.

I have e-mailed Superior to see if they have an answer.

good luck with that. i never get e-mails back from either company. you might try calling

I'm talking about the seal that the shaft goes into. There are actually 2 seals, an outter and an inner and the grease fitting fits between the 2 filling the cavity to keep water out. They are very soft and pliable and have torn. The seals are just lightly pressed into the aluminum tube.

I've been happy with mine and with as much mud and water as we go through I think they work well.

Here's a comparison between the 2. I believe that Superior came out with them first and both companies have gone through a couple iterations of design so if yours doesn't have a snap ring or look like the ones below then it's probably cause you have an older design.

Alloy USA...
images.ashx

Superior...
images.ashx

Last edited:
Those Alloy USA ones must be a new design. Mine look like the Superiors.

When I got mine from my friend at Alloy USA, he also gave me a handful of extra seals. So they ARE replaceable. But trying to find some might be a different story.

My AlloysUSA ones have the snapring. These tube seals are supa nice. I sunk my jeep into the suber gumbo quicksand mud two months ago, and when I pulled the shafts to swap them into my new D30 the shafts were clean as a whistle.

Just got off the phone with Joel the Tech Support guy at Superior Axle and he gave me a replacement part number for the seal as HS-41541 They are $8 a piece.

By the time you replace all 4 seals (they are all the same part number) you are looking at the cost of a whole new pair of axle tube seals,(with shipping).

Now, should I buy a new pair of tube seals and keep my old ones as spare parts or pay $25 to ship 2 new seals (the inner seals are still good).

Back