• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

whats everyone run for fluids?

93xjpos

NAXJA Forum User
gonna change up my fluids for the winter in my diffs and transfer case.just curious on what everyone uses. anyone use lucus in them? my buddy told me to top them up with it.

Amsoil everywhere except the D44. The ECTED warns against synthetic fluids. Next oil change I wil try some.

Mobil-1 10w30 engine, Mobil-1 ATF in the 231, Redline MT90 in the AX15, Drydene 90W in the rear with the auburn lsd, Mobil-1 in the front.

All 5 XJ's get Shell Rotella T 10w-30

Valvoline high mileage dex 3 equivalent in the tranny/T-case

Lucas gear lube in the diffs, viscosity depends on what you are doing with it.

I use Lucas "red n tackey" grease in everything except poly bushings

I use Lucas in both diffs and the t-case. I am running Powertrax lockers front and rear and have not had a problem with them in combination with the Lucas. I installed a SYE last winter and put Lucas in the t-case and have had no problems with it either.

Amsoil 10w30 full syn in the engine, Amsoil full syn ATF in the trans and transfer case, Amsoil full syn Severe Gear 75w110 in the diffs.

All Amsoil products everywhere else too, brake fluid, power steering, coolant, etc.

what is OEM suggest? Can i use Dexron VI? Also, whats the cap. on my 89 4.0 auto?

No... No Dex VI. It's a competely different spec than what you need.

Dex 3 or the equivelent is what belongs in your tranny and T-case.

For the tranny 4.2 quarts for a service change or 8.5 if a rebuild.

For the T-case... NP231 2.1 pints, NP 242 3.0 pints.

Back