• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ARB switches

JESSE A

NAXJA Forum User
For all of you guys that have ARB air lockers where do you mount the switches? Looking for some input before i install mine,pictures if you have any, thanks

dash2.jpg

I've seen a few guys mount the switch below the 4WD selector, I'm seriously looking into an ARB and I plan on putting mine there. When the lever is down it'll be kinda hidden and easily accessible when 4WD is engaged.

~Alex

Yeah,but I can add 4 more switches with incredible access to them and the wiring.The other locations are easily hit accidentally under normal conditions let alone extreme moments! I had my hand back and forth between the shifter and the E-brake just is case(due to some strange hyd-brake/vac-brake issues that no-one has ever figured out),it would have been really bad to hit the locker switches here!

Ouray,2008(Black Bear Pass).Just before the first turn,either go right or youll be "the first one down,and the last one back".
p1010356.jpg

Last edited:
That's a nice looking installation up by the rear view mirror. I have a factory roof console and I decided to use different switches and mount them in the center console. With my forearm resting on the padded lid, the switches are in a convenient place to reach.
ARB-switches.jpg

Compressor switch:
DSC01725.jpg

Front (top) and Rear:
DSC01726.jpg

Couple of (somewhat) related questions-
Fitch and Dan- build or buy those boxes? Where do you find those switches?
Bent- do you have trouble getting those rocker switches to stay put? I tried using them for my fan override, but I couldn't get it sit still in the dash, mounted where you have the two next to the IP

Seeing that I don't have the front fog lights anymore with the ARB bumper I had a spot available in the OE switch cluster. Got myself the dual action switch from a TJ Rubicon and this will be working both the front and rear lockers. I know this isn't an ARB switch, but a switch is a switch - the only "drawback" with this one would be that you won't be able to select just the front locker on it's own (don't know why you'd want to do that, except for playing around) as the switch cycles - one click down selects the rear locker, another down click selects the front, another down click would switch the front one off and another down click would re-select the front. To switch everything off you press the switch up.

Here's how it fits into the cluster - one the left is the fog light switch I took out and I also had to remove the 12V socket on the right as the locker switch takes up that space on the back:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Back