• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bilstien 5100's valving & best place to buy

Spooky

NAXJA Forum User
I'll be installing my cross ent. shock hoop and custom AOR/Alcan springs(145lbs/inch spring rate 59.5" long) next weekend and I'm trying to decide what rear shock to run. Bilstien list their valving as 255/70 on all the 5100's that might be the correct length for my setup(wont know exact lenght untill springs and hoop installed).

Are any of you running the 5100's with a shock hoop? I'm trying to pick a shock with a little stiffer valving to compensate for the increased operating angle of the shock. If so are you pleased with the ride on /off road?

Also I'm trying to find the best price on a set of these any sugestions?

TIA

Spooky....did the leafs come from Alcan with the Orbit eye installed in them? What was the cost of the springs and how was Alcan to deal with? Thanks.

Guy at Jeepspeed quoted me these valvings as Decent on road and great off road:
F 255/100
R 275/78

The real problem would be that the 5100's dont come custom valved.So unless you can find a cross-application than youre screwed!

Thanks for the link looks like $75 no mater where I buy.

Chark, If you want the orbit eyes you will have to go thru AOR. They have an arangment with Alcan and wont build em for the orbit eye demensions otherwise. You will have to build new spring hangers the stock ones are to narroe for the eyes.

A word of caution

You will have a hard time getting AOR on the phone. If you call right after they open you might get them to pick up. Typical build time WILL BE 6 MONTHS. do a search on PBB for AOR customer service to see why. They will charge your credit card the day you place the order.

The springs are pricy $550. All in all its been a frustrating exprience.

Brent I meant the 5100's with the only valving they come in. Just wanted to get driving impressions when used with a cross shock hoop. There are plenty of choices in length for this shock and one is bound to be close to the correct length for my application.

If anyone knows of a shock that will be better at a 45 degree angle of operation please make sugestions.

Last edited:
Back