• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sye ?s

sjbond67

NAXJA Forum User
reinstalled the tcase.... and realized after everthing was bolted up that i did not put any type of gasket seal around the tcase before mating it up to the tranny. i didnt notice any before so i thought maybe it is ok but i wanted to check before i fill this bitch up with fluid.

another question, bolting up the front driveshaft in the rear, the ujoints do not have any clips on them like the ujoints do on the original driveshaft to keep it centered in the yoke. do i need to get these ujoints or should it be fine and depend on the straps to keep it in place?

You don't need sealant.

Your rear yoke has little tabs on the outside to keep the u-joint centered, and the straps hold it down fine.

Get a real rear driveshaft made up though, front shafts are kinda ghetto, and the splined slipjoint is too puny for prolonged rear use.

k i got two guys saying i do but i am almost certain that it didnt have any when i pulled it. ill eventually get a rear driveshaft made up..

my yoke does not have tabs on them... i dont know if the yoke is bad or if it is just like that.
DSC00680.jpg

DSC00681.jpg

DSC00682.jpg

Get a real rear driveshaft made up though, front shafts are kinda ghetto, and the splined slipjoint is too puny for prolonged rear use.

so a front diveshaft is not a REAL driveshaft then? Ive been running a front driveshaft in the rear for over a year now with zero problems. I know of at least 4 other people who are doing the same and have no problems. by all means show me proof of your claim because all i see is BS.

back to the topic, i know everyone would rather bicker but......

i think those ears broke off... i just looked at another 8.25 and it has the ears. now the ujoints that were in the original driveshaft and clips on the cap that set inside the yoke to keep it in there centered.... so can i just stick those u joints in the front driveshaft to keep the ujoint centered?

Im more worried about why your yoke doesnt have those little tabs to keep the u-joint caps on??? Forget about the fds being used in the rear. If it works, it works

hmmm yea that could raise a good point.... however i bought this jeep with a lift already installed. 4.5" lift and of course no sye so i put one in it. the rear housing on the tcase was messed up pretty bad inside... the slip yoke on the driveshaft was cracked... so who knows. i dont think it would case anymore problems like this just kinda wanted to get some feedback before i go driving it around like this

Back