• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

clutch release cylinder&cps

DonnMcc

NAXJA Forum User
hello,I'm working on a 95 4.0 xj.I bought it with a new motor and not finished hooked up.
I have a clutch release cylinder but I'm not sure if I have the right rod.it's about 4.5 inches long mushroom head on one side and just a rounded end on the other.is this it?
I found when I pulled the trans(check clutch)that the cps was just hanging by the plug.it's new but I'm concerned about it getting damaged when the previous owner worked on it.what's the likely hood of damaging one?and also does anyone know what bolts install this?I have a pile of bolts and have tried a few,would rather be sure.If I don"t have them I am going to the bone yard saturday I could get them.kinda a pain though.
thanks.
Donn

well thanks to all your guys help I just went to the bone yard and got what I needed.lol,yeah I already had them.and that rod was for the clutch.
maybe I should of searched for a better xj site.it seems that unless you are a total idiot or ask the same questions,you don't get no advice.
It's really a shame.I've read thru hundreds of posts trying to find answer but most times it's some ahole telling you to search or get a cps.
well it's been a real pleasure becoming a member here.I just home there is a delete account button.I'd hate to get in a jam and need a hand from a fellow jeeper.

bet you smarta$$ know it all's got something to say now huh?have fun.

Back