• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My first RMS change

Wallymander

NAXJA Forum User
So i jumped into the project full bore. Yeah, getting the oil pan out was the toughest part, i didnt have to disconnect anything tho, even on my stocker.
I did put it in the air w/ tires off the ground.
I have to say this must have been the first time this has been off though.
There was so much carbon particle build up in the pan and pump im suprised there was any oil pressure. The junk was solidified in the bottom of the pan and in a pile i had to soak with simple green and cut out with a razor blade. It was horrible. Once i got the rear main off, the seal was hard and brittle. It was definitly NOT good so even if the oil leak was from somewhere else, the seal needed to be replaced. Most of my time was spent scrubbing that oil pan though.
I know this is a common search so i thought i would share my experience.
I have to get my hands on a brass drift tomorrow so i have that top half to remove, then it all goes back together. Its not too bad really, if you have patience (if your a jeep owner, this should already be known, yes?)anic?
Definitly woth the savings of not taking it to a mech

Back