• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

up travel

88justin

NAXJA Forum User
How much up travel do you guys set up for?

I've got a 5" lift with 31" tires , more like 6.5" in the rear:) , BPE's and some RS9000's.

Also, anyone extended the front shocks through the hood of the XJ? I want to make a "strut bar" that would also be a shock mount. The idea is to triangulate the front of the jeep and provide some more tortional rigidity. This bar assembly would be attached to the firewall, each fender in several locations, and somehow tied into my front Stout bumper.

Any ideas?

The ONLY real way for you to setup your shock lengths is to take them off & go flex it till it rubs. measure the min & max lengths and find a shock that is a good compromise between the two.

On paper Id say most people set-up for a 40/60(40 being up).This works out well for most uses!

Run the lines up the long arms. Then they'll be secured and wont get pinched in your shocks & whatknot. Use short stock brakelines at the joints.

Back