• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: XJ Electric Fan

pick n pull. I think shipping would make it cost prohibitive. If not I have one on an 87 for $10 plus shipping. I'd do the wrecking yard solution.

Not to hijack, but does anybody know any good pick and pull yards around Austin? I can't seem to find one.

Is it time to do the Taurus fan conversion?

I bought Taurus fans and I'm not doing it because of the following reasons:

1. Not enough time in my life for it now
2. Bought the wrong generation of fans. I have to build shrouds for them now to clear the radiator and provide proper flow
3. Don't want to cut engine brackets and grind on other brackets
4. Difficulty finding a belt that fits. Evidently Renix and non-Renix engines use different belt routing and what not.
5. I need my Jeep going quick. I have to have it ready for the Warrior Jeep Run at Hot Springs. That and its sat not running now for 2 months or so....

Thats why. The Taurus fans are going in eventually, but I'm waiting to buy the right parts now.

pick n pull. I think shipping would make it cost prohibitive. If not I have one on an 87 for $10 plus shipping. I'd do the wrecking yard solution.

What zip code are you shipping from? I may look into that. The pick-n-pull around is a blankin' crook. That and car-part is listing the fan at $65 in my local area

This is true, its by the old airport. There's a HUGE one north of liberty hill on 183 it called... Harolds, yea thats right Harolds Junk Yard

By the old airport or the new one?

I knew a jeep only part yard (no pick and pull though) out by the old airport but their phone is disconnected. They were expensive too

Back