• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trac loc question. . . .

whitneyj

NAXJA Forum User
ok, so I've done a little research and remember a while back a thread comparing either the tracloc or truetrac with the aussie. Either way, I can get my hands on a tracloc from a TJ d44 for about $50. First off, will it fit in a 76 hpd44? I know that not all d44 carriers are the same, but I think that was primarily from the rubicons. Second, how well will it perform with the "performance" upgrade where you add 1 friction and 1 steel on both ends and pack them F S F S . . . so on, vs. the F S S F S S. . and so on. I'm trying to avoid going the spool route up front. I'll be running hydro assist, but I still don't want all that unecessary stress on the front end from the spool and hydralics battling everytime I turn the wheel. Anyone help me out?

It is very hard to add another plate inside of those, it puts alot of stress on the spider gears, and sometimes impossible to get it re-assembled. It's still a 30 spline carrier, and depending on your gear ratio depends on the one you need. The Rubicon carrier requires the use of a "thick" ring and pinion.

As a performance upgrade, there's a reason why it's called a "trash-lok" save the money and buy something else, it's really not worth the 50 bucks...

Justin

Back