• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dick Cepek's or BFG's?

You actually asking this question!?!?!? BFG!!!!

i had bfg at's a long time ago in the 31" flavor. they were awesome in the snow and wore like iron! in the mud they sucked like any all terrain would. they did pretty well in the soft jersey sugar sand too.

Ive run the BFG A/T and M/T's and there both great. On my old pickup I ran the M/t's in the rear and A/T's up front because my alignment would always go out and I could sleep easyr knowing the A/T's were a bit cheeper. BFG makes a great Tire. Don't know much about the fun country's I would assume there fun though.

DC FCIIs best tires i ever had. quiet on the road, they wear great (mine have 20k on em), they balance easy, and they work very well in loose dirt or sand. soft silty stuff, not so good, and mud, no way. but for rocks or sandy dirt, i say hell yes.

I'll be getting FCII's as soon as I can afford them.

BFG ATs have been around forever and are pretty much what every other AT tire is compared to. FCIIs are relatively new, so I dont think many people will say to get them over the BFGs cuz not many people know about them. FCIIs definitely look way cooler.

I'd compare more of the strengths and weaknesses of each tire that you were interested in. 98% of the Off-Road community in general has tried BFG A/Ts at one time or another, but the real question is how many have tried the FC-IIs? How can they make a comparison without ever owning them?!!?

What kind of terrain are you running on, would having an all-terrain hurt you there or would having a light mud/aggressive all-terrain be too much?
How often do you wheel?
What kind of budget are you on?
Just ask yourself questions like that and you'll hopefully come to the answer your looking for!

maxxis bighorns or kumhos....

bfg ats are a nice on the street tire, i wouldnt trust them offroad. my buddy wheeled his f150 with 35s and it did alright but on rocks it wouldnt do much and the lugs would clog up quickly. as for the mts, great tire- although it did scare me a few times in my tj. they dont stop very well on slippery surfaces. they clear out nicely when packed with snow/mud or whatever. both bfgs wore like iron. my buddy bought my mts off me with almost 50k on them and they still have close to 1/2-1/4 of the tire was left.

not familiar with the depeks, looks like a decent tire. i just know from experience the kumhos and bighorns are nice for the money

Last edited:
DC FCIIs best tires i ever had. quiet on the road, they wear great (mine have 20k on em), they balance easy, and they work very well in loose dirt or sand. soft silty stuff, not so good, and mud, no way. but for rocks or sandy dirt, i say hell yes.
I am running FCII's right now in 31" at 32psi on the street, 13psi off road, and I couldn't be happier with how they perform on and off road. i run a Detroit in the back, and the tires aren't really chewed up all that much. haven't even rotated them yet. i take it to work once or twice a week (60 miles round trip) and routinely drive it out to Rausch Creek. no problems at all, been running them since last august. don't do half bad off road at 32PSI either.

Ive had both...Dick Cepeks are way nicer than the BFG end of story

bfg ats are a nice on the street tire, i wouldnt trust them offroad. my buddy wheeled his f150 with 35s and it did alright but on rocks it wouldnt do much

lol. dont blame the tire, blame the truck.

P1030125.jpg

they can hold their own. trust in the mall-terrain. i love my bfg mts but miss my mallers sometimes.

what about a half and half tire? like the procomp Extreme all terrains? Look like they would run well on the road yet still do okay in mud and dirt?

Back