• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Temp Sensor

mudslinger4x4

NAXJA Forum User
i have a new temp guage and was going to install it but didn't know if i would be able to. does the stock one have threads on it? i haven't taken it out yet due to lack of time (full time college student). but it looks like just a plug. anyone have any info on this? i bought a sun pro (cheap and decent) and don't know if it'll fit

getimage.php

check out the threads...

there are three or four temp sending units depending on year and mods. all of them are threaded afaik. you need teflon tape to install them, any hardware store should have it in the plumbing section.

Oh I see your question is about whether your new sender will fit. I have no clue. You could install it in your upper radiator hose.

there are three or four temp sending units depending on year and mods. all of them are threaded afaik. you need teflon tape to install them, any hardware store should have it in the plumbing section.

Oh I see your question is about whether your new sender will fit. I have no clue. You could install it in your upper radiator hose.

I would not use teflon tape on the one wire sensor, it is grounded through the threads. Teflon is OK on the 2 wire sensors and switches.

i already have the guage cluster in the dash not the dummy lights, but i wanted to put another one in to make sure it was accurate. i might put it in the upper radiator hose for a point of reference. does it have to be grounded?

i already have the guage cluster in the dash not the dummy lights, but i wanted to put another one in to make sure it was accurate. i might put it in the upper radiator hose for a point of reference. does it have to be grounded?

The one wire one needs to be grounded at the threads.

Back